Swim Instructors for Minnetonka Aquatics
Company: Minnetonka Public School District
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Minnetonka Aquatics Center and MMW pools
Starting Pay is $14.00 - $14.75 per hour depending on experience
Paid Swim Instructor Training Program:
We provide paid Swim Instructor training for new Aquatics staff.
New Swim Instructors will complete 6-10 hours of shadowing time.
During this time new instructors will shadow certified instructors
classes and gain valuable knowledge and teaching skills before
teaching classes on their own. We also offer an extensive training
program at the beginning of each summer required for all staff.
During this program staff learns the skills to communicate with
parents, communicate with kids and skills and drills to best teach
swimming to all ages and abilities. Once hired staff also holds
periodic trainings and in services throughout each session. We
continually review applications and add to our staff.
Primary Objective of Position:
To empower every participant with the skills, knowledge, and
confidence in their swimming ability to maintain a lifelong
commitment to safety, wellness, and enjoyment in the water.
1. Teach swimming lessons following Minnetonka Aquatics
Learn-to-Swim skills progression to children and adults.
2. Help swimmers of all ages and abilities develop their water
safety, survival, and swimming skills.
3. Ensure a safe and positive environment for all participants.
4. Greet visitors and provide information on beach or pool
facilities and other Minnetonka Aquatics programs.
5. Communicate with parents about their children's progress.
6. Enforce pool policies, rules, and regulations.
7. Recognize and respond effectively in emergencies.
8. Complete records and reports as needed.
9. Monitor facility and equipment to ensure safety.
1. Evidence of experience working with children.
2. Demonstrated ability to be comfortable and confident with
teaching swimming lessons.
3. Demonstrated leadership and public relations skills
4. Evidence of positive interpersonal skills; ability to relate to
both children and adults.
5. Ability to work under minimal supervision.
6. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
7. Proven record of punctuality and responsibility.
8. Must be at least 14 years of age.
Want to learn more about Minnetonka Aquatics? Visit our web
Keywords: Minnetonka Public School District, Minnetonka , Swim Instructors for Minnetonka Aquatics, Education / Teaching , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!