Director of Operations
Company: Post Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: April 5, 2021
At Michael Foods, we are a leader in the food industry because
we introduce innovative, value-added food products and customer
solutions. Our success starts from the inside out - empowering
employees to play a vital role in our company. They have the chance
to make their own impact, expanding on our already rich history.
That's how plenty of our people have already transformed their
careers. And you could be next. This role will lead a strategic
cluster of Michael Foods, Inc (MFI) manufacturing facilities within
the greater manufacturing network. The role is one of four
Directors of Operations and reports directly to the VP of
Manufacturing Operations. This position is responsible for
planning, managing, and coordinating manufacturing activities to
ensure reliability while maximizing supply chain and facility
productivity consistent with MFI values and company policies.
Leads, develops, coaches plant managers. Maintains compliance with
safety rules, SOP's in accordance with all company and outside
regulatory policies and rules. Provides operations expertise and
representation on cross functional business team. Partners,
cross-functionally, with peers and stakeholders to deliver
exceptional quality, service and cost performance safely. DUTIES
- Ensures the manufacturing operations comply with safety,
quality, and GMP requirements
- Provides oversight and leadership for Plant Managers of
facilities in reporting cluster. Clearly translates and
communicates strategic objectives into tactical priorities. Owns
performance management for the facilities and team members within
their functional area.
- Owns the health of the culture within the functional area.
- Assesses plant performance via a comprehensive set of key
performance indicators. Tracks productivity and performance for all
lines while meeting and exceeding efficiency standards.
- Delivers operational costs and efficiencies at or favorable to
- As a member of the Manufacturing Operations leadership team,
delivers on commitments on time as defined and is a positive,
active participant in the overall team dynamic.
- Identifies asset reconfiguration needs, creates and executes
action plans to insure consistent, reliable plant performance.
- Identifies and eliminates bottlenecks to ensure continuous
improvement while creating flexibility, agility and pursuit of
lowest landed cost improvement.
- Delivers system reliability by ensuring proper maintenance;
evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Cooperates with the Employee Safety and Food Safety Quality
departments to insure compliance with all quality SOP's,
maintaining audit ready status.
- Formulates and implements manufacturing policies and procedures
that support company objectives, including conducting periodic
reviews while taking corrective action as appropriate.
- Supports succession planning and maintains staff by recruiting,
selecting, orienting, and training employees. Identifies and
develops personal growth opportunities for plant managers and
- Develops and maintains technical knowledge of plant
manufacturing processes. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university,
preferably a B.S. in Food Science, Engineering, or Management.
- 10+ years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Food manufacturing
experience preferred. USDA experience beneficial.
- Previous experience in supervision of teams, managing
manufacturing processes, tracking budget expenses, production
planning, strategic planning, dealing with complexity, financial
planning and strategy in food manufacturing.
- A demonstrated track record of achieving results against a
comprehensive set of KPIs.
- Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills required
- Ability to analyze downtime and financial variance trends,
identifying actions to deliver expected performance.
- Ability to adjust leadership style to align to those being
- Ability to effectively present information to all levels of the
company; plant floor to executive leadership.
- Excellent time management, and strong attention to detail,
verbal and written communication skills, listening,
decision-making, and organization skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed, including coaching, team
building and training skills.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature of the work and may not include all of the responsibilities
or duties required. The above statements are intended to describe
the general nature of the work and may not include all the duties
associated with this position. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Current Employees: Please enter your email address below, and then
use the icons to let people know about this great opportunity! We
have our sights set on the next big thing - and we want you there
for it. Sign up for job alerts and discover your next opportunity.
Post Holdings is an equal opportunity employer and gives
consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex,
gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic
information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or
a physical or mental disability.
Keywords: Post Holdings, Inc., Minnetonka , Director of Operations, Executive , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!