Maintenance Director Monday-Friday with on call
Company: Volunteers of America
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Maintenance Director Monday-Friday with on call in Minnetonka,
MN at Volunteers of America Elder Homestead, a 52 unit Assisted
Living and Memory Care Residence, is looking for an individual to
join our team in the key role as our Maintenance Director. As the
Maintenance Director you will ensure our community is in tip-top
shape. Because of your hard work every equipment is in great
working condition, our buildings have great curb appeal, and our
preventive maintenance plan is always ahead of schedule. Above all,
you will exhibit a passion for serving seniors while contributing
to the positive environment our residents are proud to call home.
You will be solely responsible for the maintenance of our
community. We are located between 394 and 62, just west of 169.
Hours are Monday through Friday 8am-4:30 pm typically but must be
flexible to meet with vendors, etc. before and after regular work
hours. You will be on call for this position after hours but will
only have to come into the building for true emergencies. Wages:
$43,680 to $50,000 a year Benefits of working for Senior Community
Care/Volunteers of America (VOA):-- At VOA we understand that our
employees are our greatest asset, and we are happy to offer them
the following benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Stable organization; we've been a nonprofit for over 120
- PTO for full-time staff
- Positive work environment
- Paid training/Continuing education
- A variety in your daily duties
- Supportive manager
- Fast paced, low stress working environment
- Flexible Spending Account
- Loan Program
- ID Theft
- Legal Insurance
- Insurances offered:
- medical (several options)
- critical illness
- short-term disabilities OBJECTIVE: Assumes responsibilities for
overall maintenance of facility. Responsible for preventative
maintenance, painting and repairs inside and outside the facility
to provide a safe, attractive and orderly environment for the
benefit, use, enjoyment protection of residents, staff and
visitors. Conducts routine tests and inspections on various
facility systems and implements programs in a manner that meet the
goals and objectives of the facility. Supervises housekeepers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
1. Performs designated cleaning tasks and preventative maintenance
2. Performs defined cleaning procedures, using various chemical and
cleaning agents, supplies and equipment, for all areas..
3. Informs supervisor of supply or equipment needs.
4. Keeps storage areas locked with supplies properly stored
according to established procedures.
5. Store all germicides, pesticides and other toxic substance
clearly labeled and locked away when not in use.
6. Follow established reporting/repair procedures.
a. Any damaged or loose fixtures, flooring or tiling requiring
replacement or repair.
b. Any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment.
c. Any conditions conducive to breeding insects, rodents or other
7. Assist the Residence Director with the implementation of the
facility's preventative maintenance program.
8. Conducts frequent inspections of all fire safety equipment,
alarms, extinguishers, detectors, sprinkler heads, water valves,
exit lights, etc. Testing and adjusting where indicated.
Other Primary Functions
1. Reports supply need and major equipment malfunctions or
emergencies to the Director of Environmental Services or
2. Assists with department inventory control program.
3. Is knowledgeable of federal, state and facility's rules,
regulations, policies and procedures
4. Attend scheduled department staff meetings.
5. Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line
modules. Job Requirements QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Preferred but not required: Graduate of trade or vocational
school, with courses in blueprint reading, mechanical drawing,
carpentry, plumbing, HVAC equipment, refrigeration and electricity
3. Ability to read, understand and follow written and oral
instructions in order to identify various chemicals and cleaning
agents from their labels and understand directions for use.
4. Willingness and ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks
with frequent interruptions.
5. Minimum of two (2) year previous building maintenance experience
6. Some knowledge of state building, plumbing and electrical codes
and local ordinances.
7. Able to understand technical manuals used to install and repair
machinery and equipment.
8. Coordination and dexterity needed to handle tools and equipment
9. Must be capable of making decisions in an emergency.
10. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for
tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
11. Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during an
emergency situation or an on-call situation. Will need to adapt
hours to handle concerns or meet with vendors. Regular hours are 8
am-4:30 pm M-F plus call. 12. Job offer will be contingent on
obtaining heating boilers license upon 90 days of hire. 13. Must
have valid drivers license to pick up supplies, etc. Physical
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individual with disabilities to meet these
1. Ability to endure prolonged walking, sitting, reaching, pushing,
turns, crouches, kneeling, standing, use of pulling, bending and
stooping movements intermittently throughout the working day.
2. Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hours and
3. Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
4. Push, pull, lift or carry furniture and equipment.
5. Manipulate various cleaning equipment and supplies.
6. Frequent contact with water and strong cleaning and disinfectant
7. Possess adequate strength and endurance to meet the strenuous
physical demands of such responsibilities as moving, repairing and
installing major equipment, repairing roofs, painting and lawn
8. Works both inside and outside, often exposed to high
temperatures, noise and vibration of operating equipment.
Keywords: Volunteers of America, Minnetonka , Maintenance Director Monday-Friday with on call, Executive , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!