Project Manager - Grid Control
Company: Siemens Corporation
Posted on: September 13, 2022
We are accelerating and securing the energy transition
sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators
as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and
secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way.
We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT
and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through
operations to maintenance - following its design principles of
modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability, and
Are you passionate about creating new possibilities?
We seek a professional Project Manager with a solid track record of
leading external complex large scale Grid Control and Energy Market
Management projects preferably in the utility/energy sector
(Transmission and Distribution).
It's your role, here's the part you can play
* Define project scope, goals and results that support the business
goals and requirements in collaboration with account sales
executives, senior management and stakeholders.
* Proactively manage changes in project scope to increase success
and minimize risk to the customer and the company
* Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify
specific requirements for the contracted scope of the project(s)
and maintain the relationship during the project execution.
* Liaise with project partners on an ongoing basis.
* Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project
constraints based on financial analysis.
* Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and
* Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
* Where required, work with other department managers for the
acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
* Identify and oversee project dependencies and critical path.
* Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the
success of the project.
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
* 5 + years of Project Management experience with large systems in
the utility industry
* Bachelors' degree in computer science, electrical engineer, or
power systems engineer
* Project managers should have a background in business skills,
management, budgeting, and analysis
* Excellent client-facing and internal presentation skills
* Solid organizational skills including attention to detail,
multi-tasking skills, Advanced time management and analytical
* Expertise in the energy/utility industry
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
* Willingness to travel
* Already existing PMI certification is a plus
We've got a lot to offer:
* An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies -
products and services in the field of electrification, automation,
* Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on
* Health, dental, and vision plans with options
* Matching 401(k)
* Unlimited Flexible Time Off
* Paid parental leave
* Extensive product training and professional career
* Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
* Siemens is recognized as being a top employer for diversity,
sustainability, innovation, and technology. Check out this link
There is an opportunity for this to be a remote position.
Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow!
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy
and what part you can play:
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
Keywords: Siemens Corporation, Minnetonka , Project Manager - Grid Control, Executive , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!