Manager, Sales and Customer Service
Posted on: September 23, 2022
As the leader of Sales and Customer Service, you will lead by
driving sales and selling with focus on the Macy's customer and
colleagues. -All activities related to presenting a clean, neat and
organized shopping environment for our customers and managing all
aspects of selling support are under your direction. - You will
lead initiatives and related efforts to increase customer loyalty,
while delivering on Macy's standards for customer service. - With
training, coaching and development, a team of Colleagues will grow
following your leadership.
- Drive and exceed sales goals by leading Macy's initiatives
through coaching and recognition, while optimizing productivity and
- Lead customer service in the store. Ensure colleagues engage
with customers and provide a friendly and easy to shop
- Manage all aspects of Selling Support including workload
execution, backstocking and equipment return, maintaining stockroom
and signing standards, and supporting the merchandising
- Support Manager, OMNI Operations when needed to complete
fulfillment, product movement logistics, and back of house
- Support Manager, Style Merchandise Execution when needed to
complete all merchandising, product movement, price changes, visual
execution and event set-up activities.
- Support Manager, Asset Protection when needed with execution of
shortage reduction strategies and merchandise protection.
- Review Sales and Star Rewards results and strategize action for
continued improvement. Determine strategies to drive and motivate
colleagues to solicit the Star Rewards Program by reinforcing the
benefits of new accounts.
- Review and utilize Sales data to provide colleague recognition;
develop and communicate strategies to improve results.
- Continue to build the client relationship between Macy's
Stylists and customers through MyClient and other customer
acquisition initiatives. -
- Plan and execute events and community outreach.
- Monitor and address performance issues on a timely
- Conduct ongoing Talent Analysis of colleagues and establish
career progression plans for key players and positions to result in
retention of best talent and turnover reduction.
- Actively fill open positions prioritizing internal colleagues
in Customer Experience, Commission, and High Level selling
- Interview, hire, train, direct, manage, coach, develop,
coordinate, evaluate, and discipline direct and indirect reports;
establish strategy for work; provide insight and decision support;
direct and manage team to meet or exceed performance and behavioral
expectations; address complaints from and resolve problems with
- Utilize check-in process as a tool for Colleague talent
development, promotion and advancement.
- Analyze reports in order to strategize and deliver results;
implement action plans focusing on deficient areas and highlight
- Ensure most effective sales floor coverage through the
development of workforce solutions and lead selling initiatives
throughout the store as needed.
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness;
ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality. -
- High School Diploma or equivalent. - Some college preferred,
but not required. -
- A minimum of 3-5 years retail management in a department or
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to
draft reports and other communications, effectively present to
management and internal and external business partners, and
interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating
and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. - -
- Regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands to finger,
handle, and feel; frequently required to stand, walk, reach with
hands and arms; occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25
lbs., climb ladders, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; requires
close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. -
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division. - -
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. -
- Self-motivated. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and
time management skills. Ability to collaborate and function as a
member of a team. -
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and RF equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly organized, with the ability to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays. -
Keywords: Macy's, Minnetonka , Manager, Sales and Customer Service, Executive , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!