Registered Nurse - $2000 sign-on bonus
Company: Grace Management
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Competitive PayHavenwood of Minnetonka seeks compassionate and
caring individuals who are dedicated to supporting exceptional
senior living experiences. Working at Havenwood of Minnetonka means
you are part of the family. Each day is an opportunity to make a
positive difference in the lives of those around you.Full-time
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Daily pay
- Holiday Pay
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance ProgramSummary of Duties of the Registered
NurseRegistered Nurse (RN) staff serve as the supervisor in charge
for their shift. As the team leader on their shift, they coordinate
resident care, designate tasks, and assignments to Resident Care
Assistants (RCAs), Certified Nurse Aide (CNA), Certified Medication
Aide (CMA), and Medication Technicians (MTs) and monitor the
overall functioning of the Wellness Department for the shift. They
also are responsible for residence decisions in the absence of the
Executive Director and Wellness Director. This position reports to
the Wellness Director.Essential Functions
- Plans and delegates work assignments assuring effective shift
coverage; Coordinates care on his/her shift.
- Participates in and supervises the delivery of personal care to
- Implements the service plans and collects data regarding the
health status of residents.
- Acts as team leader for shift; Coaches and counsels' RCAs/MTs
regarding care practices and standards; Follows proper disciplinary
procedures if RCAs/MTs are not following residence policies and
procedures; Writes disciplinary reports per residence
- Always maintains professional demeanor when interacting with
residents and families.
- Uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in
potentially sensitive or emotionally charged situations.
- Reports any suspected or witnessed instances of verbal, mental,
or physical abuse to Wellness Director and takes appropriate
- Administers medications according to the physician order on the
medication administration record (MAR).
- Documents medications administered on the MAR in accordance
with company policy; Checks MARs immediately after administration
and prior to end of shift to ensure documentation is complete and
- Conducts change of shift report with oncoming/outgoing shift
- Maintains security of medication cart and narcotic keys during
entire shift; Conducts narcotic count at the beginning and end of
every shift in accordance with company policies and
- Transcribes physician orders, reviews MARs for accuracy, and
notifies pharmacy of changes.
- Responds to emergencies in a prompt, calm manner.
- Orients and assists with on-the-job training of new associates
and participates in evaluation of knowledge, skills, and abilities
of associates on his/her shift; Reports findings to Wellness
- Monitors e-call system equipment to ensure proper working
condition and caregiver response to e-call to assure timely
- Monitors and maintains resident charts; Reports significant
changes in a resident's condition to the physician and responsible
party and documents in the resident's chart all observations,
follow through and any new orders/instructions from the
- Understands and uses Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Standard Precautions, OSHA's Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne
Pathogens, and other safety rules.
- Operates designated medical equipment, copy, scan, fax
machines, and telephone.
- Documents and reports resident incidents as required by state
regulations.Non-Essential Functions of the Registered Nurse
- Participates in and supports the resident-centered activities
- Demonstrates the ability to function as a team member in
sharing responsibilities for the administration of resident
services in cooperation with all members of the team.
- Keeps Wellness Director informed of all changes in resident's
health and/or any problems within the shift.
- Participates in all staff meetings and attends other meetings
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the heritage, values, and
wisdom of the residents and an understanding of the aging
- Performs other duties as assigned by Wellness
Director.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Must be a licensed nurse in state where you work.
- Minimum of two years nursing experience.
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English.
- Experience in an Assisted Living setting preferred.
- Dementia care experience preferred.
- Be in good physical health and free of communicable diseases;
Lifting, bending, and pushing medication cart about residence is
required; Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Completion of drug testing and criminal background check upon
hire and upon request of supervisor.
Keywords: Grace Management, Minnetonka , Registered Nurse - $2000 sign-on bonus, Healthcare , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!