Technical BizOps Test Engineer
Company: Horizontal Talent
Posted on: May 12, 2022
- 10 years overall SDET and/or devops experience
- Responsible for end-to-end service delivery including all
service offerings, in particular the value that the service
- Deals with strategy and portfolio management, service roadmap,
prioritizes initiatives, budgets, negotiations with partners and
vendors, and authorization of the release of new
- Drives service maturity and service metrics. Ensures
service-appropriate roles have been identified, filled, and
published. Opportunities to further scale and stabilize the
upstream and downstream systems.
Measures of Success?
- Primary reporting on the success of your service will take
place at the appropriate operations reviews.?
- Specified services will be tracked at monthly, weekly
The summary dashboard for reviews must include the following
metrics/outlooks for each service:?
- ?Total Cost of Ownership?
- ?Benchmark to industry?
- ?Performance to SLAs?
- ?Current Risk profile against plan, including resiliency
assessment and security vulnerability?
- ?Time to provision new capability/version of
- ?Case metrics?
- ?User experience metrics
- Education and Training:
- a bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science,
information technology, information science, or in a related
computer disciplines. At least 8 years of experience in an
information technology field is also required. Having
certifications from recognized institutions also increases job
- Management Skills:
- Able to coordinate the operations of an organization's IT,
product and Engineering service unit to achieve set objectives
- Computer Skills:
- They are skilled in operating, installing, and troubleshooting
computer systems and network to ensure efficient IT operations
- Analytical Skills:
- Carry out tests to identify performance leaks in an IT
- Technical skills-
- Should have extensive training on computer software and
hardware, including servers and systems, to successfully lead IT
- Team leadership-
- because they direct and collaborate with Engineering and
Product teams, they should be able to effectively manage IT
personnel and set department priorities
- Process enhancement-
- in this role, they should be able to develop and implement
policies and procedures for the for the engineering teams, so some
familiarity with assessing and improving processes is vital
- Communication skills-
- Should have strong written and verbal communicators, able to
communicate with team members, management personnel, and end users
throughout the organization
- Problem-solving skills-
- this role also requires excellent problem-solving skills,
especially when it comes to directly addressing user issues with
software, hardware, and servers
- Budget management-
- Oversee department budgets and capital expenditures, so they
need strong financial management and budgeting skills
- Compile and report on daily, monthly, and YTD operational
metrics year over year and vs. goal.
- Analyze data to identify?"root cause"?of variances to goal by
- Clarify and coordinate delay and cancellation coding to ensure
accurate data for analysis.
- Assess changes to schedule structure for risks to operational
reliability, e.g., schedule tightness, recoverability options,
- Build city-pair, time-of-day, and season-of-year specific
scheduled block times using historical times, historical trends,and
expected variations going forward?for capabilities and
- Conduct ad hoc analyses, as requested.
- Other duties assigned by management
- Provide management, direction, and leadership for the team of
- Coach and develop team members to maintain exceptional levels
of service. Advise and mentor staff to meet established goals,
provide technical guidance,?
- In collaboration with SME's create a ross functional team to
develop effective technical solutions and strategies based on
business support needs
- Manage small to medium engineering related interdepartmental
and organizational IT projects including systems integrations,
software implementations, major upgrades, etc.
- Serve as escalation point for escalated incidents or member
journeys and manage to resolution
- Develop, implement, maintain standards documents, policies, and
other necessary documentation.
- Develop project plans and provide regular status updates on
applicable projects and initiatives.
- Design and build scalable automated test frameworks and test
suites working across technologies.
- API level testing.
- Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all
functionalities of services as a prequel to automation.
- Analyze test logs; create test reports, co-ordinate with
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and data
- Demonstrated experience in writing clean code quickly.
- Test framework design and automation experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem
solving, and complexity analysis.
- Experience developing test automation tools and
- Experience developing high quality test strategies and test
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills and an
ability to come up with creative solutions to impossible-to-solve
- Experience in web application and device test automation using
Selenium, Robotium, Appium or any equivalent tool/s.
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills.
- Strong exposure with Selenium and Appium framework.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms,
and relational databases.
- Coding experience with automation framework, tools and services
for mobile. Working Experience in API testing and Automation of the
- Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and
- Expertise in database testing including designing and
manipulating test data, validating stored procedures, jobs,
triggers and replication.
- TestNG, JUnit & Testing highly desirable.
- Experience in QA with exposure to white box testing.
- Experience with Open-Source Performance Testing Tool
- Hands on in Web services automation using Rest
- Experience in Object Oriented Analysis, Design (OOAD) and
development of software using UML Methodology, good knowledge of
J2EE design patterns and Core Java design patterns.
- Participate in design and code inspections.
- Experience working closely with development and business teams
to communicate impacts and to understand business
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across
management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think
- Java, Spring, Hibernate, Web Services, HTML, JSP, Java Script,
Servlets, Web Services, XML, AJAX, Microservices, SOA, REST, JSON a
- Strong experience with Agile development incorporating
Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing
technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar,
- GoLang, Docker, Kubernetes experience is good to have.
- Knowledge of functional programming is a must
Keywords: Horizontal Talent, Minnetonka , Technical BizOps Test Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!