Sr Software Engineer
Company: Horizontal Talent
Posted on: September 19, 2022
- Platform Software Engineer, Kong API Gateway
Projects the candidate will be working on:
- This role will focus on continuing the evolution of the -API
Security, Certification and automation platform, Stargate.
- Stargate provides centralized, self-service API gateway for
applications as well as cataloging and quality assurance tools.
Immediate efforts for the project focus on expanding API Gateway
space into a multi cloud environment.
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language
- Experience with the an API gateway
- Experience running containerized workloads
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous
- Experience with API Gateway Administration
- Direct support of an API Gateway.
- Experience both with networking and software
- Security background
- API Gateways; Nginx/OpenResty/Kong or equivalent
- Familiar with container platforms and containerization
- CI/CD - Jenkins, Ansible
- Public cloud platforms - Azure, AWS, GCP
- Public cloud automation tools - Terraform
Team and Team size:
- Full team consists of 12 platform engineers, 1 manager.
- Part of an on-call support rotation to handle support issues
working with application teams to troubleshoot and fix
- Design, modify, develop, write and implement software
programming applications in support of the API Gateway.
- Participate in the testing process through test review and
analysis, and skilled in Agile development methodologies, including
unit testing and continuous integration.
- Working on an Agile team, participating in Scrum ceremonies and
working as a team to fix bugs and work on new features for Kong API
Gateway and supporting applications.
- Customer interaction providing support for Gateway issues by
reading Splunk logs and troubleshooting the network stack.
- Developing Plugins and features into Kong API Gateway product
and contributing back to open source.
- Enhancing monitoring/alerting of application using Splunk and
- Troubleshooting of network issues using Splunk and working with
other teams such as Firewall, F5, and private cloud teams.
- Responsible for large and more complex components, while
influencing overall product architecture and patterns.
- Influences the team designs and solutions. Mentors software
engineers through code reviews, and hands on design sessions.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in Software
- 2+ year in platform engineering
- 2+ year software development or engineering
- Experience in full software lifecycle activities
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience operationalizing larger products
- OSI L4 and L7 networking knowledge, TCP/IP, TLS,
- Kong/OpenResty API Gateway
- Java/Python/LUA development
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and
- Solves complex problems and/or conducts complex
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most
- Experience with Cassandra, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana
- Experience working in agile environment
- CI/CD leveraging Github/Docker/Jenkins
- Direct API Gateway knowledge including Nginx,
- System Reliability Engineering practices
- Familiar with HTTP and REST API best practices
- Administration of Cassandra
Keywords: Horizontal Talent, Minnetonka , Sr Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!