Retail Sales Associate
Posted on: April 4, 2021
About: Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a
reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for
fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving
back to our communities. The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive
in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it
happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a
memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store
position at Macy's (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the
perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy's top
executives started their careers as part-time retail sales
associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming
relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to
grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are ideal for building
capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing
the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the "Academy" for retail
careers. A store colleague position (whether it's a seasonal job,
part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to
launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top
executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles,
or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the
various functions at Macy's. -- Job Overview: As a Selling
Colleague, you will be an integral part of bringing the magic of
Macy's to life.-- Selling Colleagues provide outstanding customer
service, meet hourly sales and Loyalty goals on a personal and
departmental basis, and demonstrate superior product knowledge to
customers. Selling Colleagues create a shopping experience that
will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable including the
upkeep of merchandise within the store and maintaining the
stockroom. The Selling Colleague is also responsible for
fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
Macy's uses a scheduling plan that allows our colleagues to
participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing
availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key
events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts
to our colleagues, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling
tool.-- Essential Functions:
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the
customer is always the priority.
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and
have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical
customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other
customer preference related factors; suggest additional merchandise
to compliment customer selection.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build
sales and minimize returns, including Macy's Loyalty Programs.
- Be proficient in POS systems including but not limited to
Search and Send and My Client.
- Proactively assist customers who are using devices to shop and
compare, whether Macy's devices or their own.
- Develop new business and expand client base through networking,
suggestive selling and on the floor presence.
- Maintain department recovery standards; including fitting room
go backs to standard, if applicable.
- Retrieve additional merchandise for customers as
- Assist the Support Colleague Team in the movement of fixtures
and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance
- Assist in inventory and markdown process.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance
- Follows shortage programs and procedures.
- Perform these and other functions in an efficient manner, as
directed by the Supervisor.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality Qualifications
- No Education or Experience Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays Physical
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to
perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register
and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs -- -- This job description is
not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this
job description at any time.-- Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work
environment.-- Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can
review their rights and the Company's obligations under here.--
Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their
rights and the Company's obligations under here.-- Candidates for
positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the
Company's obligations under here. -- STORES00 --
Keywords: Macy's, Minnetonka , Retail Sales Associate, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!