At PGA TOUR Superstore, we're always looking for enthusiastic,
self-motivated, flexible individuals who will share a passion for
helping transform our business. As one of the fastest growing
specialty retailers, we're dedicated to hiring selfless team
players from different backgrounds to influence the growth of our
organization. Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA
TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for
our Associates - driven by our vision to inspire people through
golf and tennis.
Reporting to the Soft Goods Supervisor, the Footwear Specialist
champions the PGATOUR Superstore 'Customer First' philosophy by
providing a world-class shopping experience to each and every
customer. Sales Associates execute the creative vision and
merchandising style of our company. They maximize sales by
keeping their areas in stock, properly signed and merchandised, and
following all operations processes. They expand their
industry knowledge by learning about our products from our vendors,
industry websites, and other associates.
- The Footwear Specialist's top priority is to ensure that every
customer receives the best possible shopping experience.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensuring every customer observed within 10 feet is greeted
within 30 seconds.
- Merchandising and signing their areas to create and maintain
- Replenishing merchandise stock from incoming freight shipments
and topstock as soon as possible to maximize the customer's
- Identifying low-stock or out-of-stock items and notifying the
- Investigating customer requests for items we do not carry and
passing the information to their management and merchandising
- Addressing customer concerns and resolving them promptly to the
- Maintaining a high level of product knowledge by learning about
new technologies, products, and footwear fitting techniques.
- Completing work lists and bulletins directives on a timely
- Walking their area constantly to correct issues and suggest
improvements to their supervisor.
- Maintaining a clean and safe shopping environment.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Communication: Strong listening and interpersonal
skills. Candidates must possess good verbal and written
communication skills, and communicate well with other associates
and customers to execute company initiatives.
- Analytical: Candidates must have good business
skills and be able to develop solutions to common problems.
They must be able to identify opportunities and develop strategies
to increase sales and improve operational processes.
- Proven track record of identifying opportunities and
solutions to increase sales and improve operational processes.
- Computer: Candidates must possess basic computer
skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the
- Organization: Candidates must be able to organize
multiple priorities to accomplish several tasks throughout their
shifts while taking care of customers.
- Experience: Two to three (2-3) years of retail sales
- Working conditions and physical demands:
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb up
and down a ladder, move throughout the store, and lift a 30 lb. box
- Candidate must be able to work a flexible work week, and work
nights, weekends, and holidays depending on business needs.
PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed
to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on
race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national
origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information,
and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination
isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we
are. Every associate at every level in the organization is
prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against
should report it immediately to the Human Resources
department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation
against anyone for making such a report.