Dual Director Sales OEM
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Area Director of Sales is responsible planning and managing
the overall sales and marketing for a collection of 2-10 full
service premium select and/or independent branded hotels. This role
has the responsibility to achieve optimal occupancy and ADR growth
to maximize total revenue while meeting/exceeding hotel profit
objectives for all of the entire collection of hotels. This
individual will oversee operations of the hotel sales department
including but not limited to direct sales follow-up sales
administration hiring of staff training managing and coaching.
Additional responsibilities include sales and marketing budget
forecast advertising marketing and business plans; manages within
approved plans and budgets.
Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each
workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for
OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated
- At least 4 years of progressive hotel sales experience
preferred; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 years of
related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 4 years
of related experience.
- Prior Director of Sales or National Sales experience selling
major downtown markets is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license in the applicable
- Must possess highly developed verbal & written communication
skills to frequently negotiate convince sell and influence other
managerial personnel hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
- Must have thorough experience with professional selling skills:
opening probing supporting closing
- Shows strong analytical skills and strategic vision in
establishing appropriate sales deployment
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge especially
Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage
- Strong organization and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and manage people
of diverse socioeconomic cultural disability and ethnic backgrounds
while solving complex problems and creating a productive sales
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices
within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations; maintain
composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions
- Coordinate all group transient and catering sales solicitations
and bookings to maximize overall revenue.
- Coordinate sales automation efforts ensuring a region sales
database is developed and managed for various email campaigns and
customer solicitation efforts to maximize overall revenue.
- Develop recommend implement and manage the division's annual
budget and the advertising public relations marketing and sales
plans and programs for the hotel to maximize rate occupancy and
food & beverage opportunities thus ensuring the hotel meets/exceeds
management and owner revenue/profit goals and expectations.
- Initiate and develop sales trips to key feeder markets / cities
with a focus on identifying accounts that can directly benefit
revenue performance targets at all hotels located within the
cluster. In addition work directly with property based Directors of
Sales to help with coordination of on property direct sales
- Proactively conduct outside sales calls conduct sales tours and
- Understand the content reflected in contracts and how to
negotiate terms therein.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to
predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends
within your market.
- Conducts on property visits to hotels within assigned
collection to assess strength of sales leadership strategic culture
and adherence to Aimbridge Hospitality's established regulations
company standards sales standards and sales metrics.
- Comply with attainment of individual goals as well as team
goals and budgeted metrics.
- Train all members of the hotel staff on how to recognize and
capitalize on all sales opportunities to increase hotel occupancy
- With input and guidance from the GM and/or Corporate HR manage
Human Resources in the division in order to attract retain and
motivate the employees; hire train develop empower coach and
counsel conduct performance and salary reviews resolve problems
provide open communication vehicles discipline and terminate as
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations and policies
of the hotel including Sales Food and Beverage Front Office and
- Maintain strong visibility in local community and industry
- Attend and/or conduct daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any
other functions required by management providing training on a
- Maintains professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication across your collection of hotels to achieve
initiatives with respective marketing partner(s) and other internal
departments (i.e. Second Wave Aimbridge Digital or Branded field
- Travel on a weekly basis as required.
- Act as directed on behalf of the General Manager in his/her
absence; performing any other duties as requested by
Located just off the Crosstown Highway, this hotel is less than
a 20 minute drive from the Mall of America. An indoor pool and a
daily breakfast buffet are provided.
Free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and tea- and coffee-making
facilities are found in each bright room at Holiday Inn Express
Hotel & Suites Minneapolis - Minnetonka. Some rooms also have a
microwave and a small refrigerator.
Guests of the Minneapolis - Minnetonka Holiday Inn Express can
enjoy the on-site hot tub and fitness center. A business center and
newspapers are also provided.
Bryant Lake Regional Park is less than 2 miles from the hotel.
Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport is a 20 minute drive
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time
positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Minnetonka , Dual Director Sales OEM, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!