Program Summary: For more than 50 years, St. David's Center
has provided the highest quality of early childhood education to
children ages 16 months - five years. We recognize that every child
brings unique contributions and qualities to the classroom, and
because of this, we use a Reggio Emilia-inspired philosophy where
learning is guided collaboratively by children, teachers and
environments that promote social and cognitive development through
Position Overview: Substitute Teachers are responsible for
assisting the classroom staff with the implementation of a
classroom program designed to give each child an opportunity to
participate in experiences that will enrich his/her development in
a safe environment.
* Assist in implementing classroom activities around themes or
concepts that incorporate the interests of the classroom community
and meet goals and objectives outlined in the ECE Curriculum
Guidelines and Objectives document. Maintain enough flexibility to
allow children's interests to guide classroom direction.
* Be responsible for and lead some activities as requested by
the Head Teacher or Assistant Teacher.
* Establish and maintain positive, pleasant and trusting
relationships with parents, respecting their individual needs and
maintaining professional and appropriate boundaries.
* Know all medical conditions/needs of the children in the
classroom (including allergies) and how to respond to these
* Discuss what will be communicated to parents with the
classroom team in order to give parents consistent messages in
This position offers the opportunity to work for an agency that
is committed to inclusivity and diversity, employee wellness, the
professional development of employees and the overall wellness of
clients being served. St. David's Center accomplishes these
objectives through supportive & collaborative team environments,
flexible work schedules and mission-inspired work.
Schedule: On-call, as needed based on program need.
* DHS Aide Qualified
* First Aid Certification
* CPR Certification
* Knowledge of Early Childhood Education & Child Development
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work as a team member
* DHS Head Teacher Qualified
* Early Childhood teaching experience
* Experience working with students with special education
* Knowledge of the Reggio Emilia Approach
* Knowledge of varied classroom strategies
St. David's Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
veteran status or disability.
* Pay Type Hourly
* Minnetonka, MN, USA