Manager, Multi Store Asset Protection - Ridgedale/Southdale Center
Company: Macy's, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason
we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our
The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and
our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide
outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping
experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy's
(seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore
the world of retail. Some of Macy's top executives started their
careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions
are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing
leadership skills to grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are
ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building
teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the
"Academy" for retail careers.
Our store management team has the privilege to lead, manage, and
inspire a diverse and creative team in delivering store results.
Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader,
you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward.
With frequent opportunities to advance, joining our store
management team puts you on a fast-track to career success.
As the leader of Sales and Customer Service, you will lead by
driving sales and selling with focus on the Macy's customer. All
activities related to presenting a clean, neat and organized
shopping environment for our customers are under your direction.
You will lead initiatives and related efforts to increase customer
loyalty, while delivering on Macy's standards for customer service.
With training, coaching and development, a team of Colleagues will
grow following your leadership. Perform other duties as
- Drive and exceed sales goals by leading Macy's initiatives
through coaching and recognition, while optimizing productivity and
- Lead customer service in the store. Ensure colleagues engage
with customers and provide a friendly and easy to shop
- Support Manager, Operations & Visual Merchandising to complete
all operational activities in store when needed, including Price
changes, ad setup/takedown, Merchandising, fulfillment and RTVs
driven by Workload Planning Meeting.
- Review Sales and Star Rewards results and strategize action for
- Review and utilize Sales data to provide colleague recognition;
develop and communicate strategies to improve results.
- Determine strategies to drive and motivate colleagues to
solicit the Star Rewards Program by reinforcing the benefits of new
- Continue to build the client relationship between Macy's
Stylists and customers through MyClient and other customer
- Plan and execute events and community outreach.
- Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis.
- Conduct ongoing Talent Analysis of colleagues and establish
career progression plans for key players and positions to result in
retention of best talent and turnover reduction.
- Actively fill open positions prioritizing internal colleagues
in Commission, Specialist and High Level selling areas.
- Interview, hire, train, direct, manage, coach, develop,
coordinate, evaluate, and discipline direct and indirect reports;
establish strategy for work; provide insight and decision support;
direct and manage team to meet or exceed performance and behavioral
expectations; address complaints from and resolve problems with
- Analyze reports in order to strategize and deliver results;
implement action plans focusing on deficient areas and highlight
- Ensure most effective sales floor coverage through the
development of workforce solutions and lead selling initiatives
throughout the store as needed.
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness;
ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years related experience
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one
and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal
and external business partners.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Ability to draft reports and other communications, effectively
present to management and internal and external business partners,
and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and
- Self-motivated. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and
time management skills. Ability to collaborate and function as a
member of a team.
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching,
crouching and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to
perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register
and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc.
reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a
diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in
San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in
Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for
positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the
Company's obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.
Keywords: Macy's, Inc., Minnetonka , Manager, Multi Store Asset Protection - Ridgedale/Southdale Center, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!