Principal Marketing Strategy & Analysis Manager Job
Company: Boston Scientific
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Additional Locations: US-MN-Minnetonka; US-MA-Marlborough
Purpose and Passion Comprehensive Benefits Life-Work Integration
Community Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture
driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the
most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep
caring for human life, we're solving some of the most important
healthcare industry challenges. Together, we're one global team
committed to making a difference in people's lives around the
world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful
purpose-improving lives through your life's work.
About the role:
The Principal Marketing Strategy & Analysis Manager will lead
assessments of new and adjacent markets and for the Urology and
Pelvic Health business. S/he will rapidly become an expert on the
Urology and Pelvic Health market, identifying market trends and
growth opportunities, diagnosing customer needs and behaviors,
predicting likely competitive dynamics, and analyzing the economics
of the business. S/he will have responsibility for developing
strategies/proposals and recommending internal and external
investments to drive business growth and maximize competitive
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leadership and implementation of structured, practical,
fact-based approach to strategy development, valuation, and
- Execution of complex market and product opportunity
assessments, strategy formulation and valuation for: New products
developed in-house; Potential acquisitions; Growth
opportunities/performance improvement strategies for existing
franchises and adjacencies.
- Develop comprehensive plans to identify and evaluate new
business opportunities, including sizing market opportunities,
assessing customer needs and competitive landscape, understanding
technology, project execution, and commercial implications, and
creating robust business case proposals with detailed financial
- Provide comprehensive reports on new business opportunities
with clear conclusions and definitive recommendations for next
- Establish relationships with key opinion leaders in the field;
analyze and summarize feedback from key opinion leaders, current
and potential customers, third party market research and internal
- Use classic marketing capabilities: market understanding,
market segmentation, and product positioning to further business
- Strong relationship development/collaboration with marketing
personnel and cross-functional partners (R&D, Clinical,
Regulatory, Finance, Business Development, and/or other functions
as appropriate) to execute with speed and quality.
- Exhibit professional maturity and help to foster an open,
challenging, stimulating and positive environment that enables
colleagues to be their best.
- Excellent project management.
- Implementing marketing strategy processes and sharing knowledge
about those processes.
What we're looking for in you:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or
Healthcare/Biomedical required. MBA or other advanced degree
7+ years of related experience with significant time spent in
Marketing, Strategy, Finance, and/or Management Consulting ideally
in the healthcare domain (medical device, pharma, healthcare).
- 3+ years of upstream marketing, strategy, or related experience
in developing new products preferred.
- Excellent project management skills and experience managing
cross-functional projects in the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated experience conducting assessments of sophisticated
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information / ideas
/ strategies into a cohesive and succinct business plan.
- Demonstrated experience with complex financial modeling,
including market, revenue, and investment models. Strong Microsoft
Excel skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling and engaging
presentations that effectively communicate recommendations.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work with others in a
dynamic, matrix environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including developing
relationships in all levels of the organization.
- Position requires up to ~20% travel
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years,
our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives
through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of
patients. If you're looking to truly make a difference to people
both around the world and around the corner, there's no better
place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race,
Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National
Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 481147
Keywords: Boston Scientific, Minnetonka , Principal Marketing Strategy & Analysis Manager Job, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!