Assoc. Director. Long Range Capacity Planning - Telecommute
Company: UnitedHealth Group Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
You believe data can help reshape the future, and you find
yourself loving the thrill of diving into challenging analysis. At
UnitedHealth Group, you'll find an organization that will recognize
those talents and have lots of growth potential. Here, you will be
empowered, supported and encouraged to use your analysis expertise
to help change the future of health care. Does the challenge
As a leader in the Associate Director, Long Range Capacity
Planning team, you will be part of UnitedHealth Group's mission of
helping people live healthier lives.
As the Asscociate Directr, you will be responsible for the
Successfully direct, lead, equip and empower planners through
example, oversight and development, to:
- Build and maintain forecasts and staffing plans to provide
Operations/Business partners with the information they need to
proactively hire, train, and shift staff in order to achieve
service levels and financial targets
- Communicating staffing plans, risks, and recommendations to VPs
and Director, and collaboration with these leaders to continually
adjust based on changing business needs
- Model the operational impact of a variety of business and
regulatory initiatives, benefit administration requests.
- Create and maintain a variety of operational reports related to
FTEs, workforce metrics, membership.
- Facilitate meetings with senior leadership from various
- Collaborate with Finance & Workforce Planning teams on staff
models, hiring plans and training plans for different work
- Find creative solutions to complex problems through data
management and analytics
- Present and explain complex staffing requirements to senior
leadership and gain support
- Create strategies to maximize resources and drive support
across the Workforce Planning team.
- Speak to details of the project to both the business and
technical teams from beginning to end of all projects.
- Drive a culture of root cause analysis, with a focus on
removing variation from the system and removing defects from
- Manage cross-functional interdependencies.
- Improve processes to optimize performance and value over
- Provide risk management and issue/problem resolution as
- Serve as a change agent and resilient to roadblocks.
- Execute with a sense of urgency.
- Successfully direct, lead, equip and empower planners through
example, oversight and development, to fulfill all aspects of the
role of the planner.
- Serve as SME and trusted advisor for that LOB or functional
- Serve as liaison to Finance for all forecasting and budgeting
- Complete FTE walks reconciling from one forecast cycle to the
next, monthly results verses forecast
- Track all forecast changes via Target Tracker
- Provide data and commentary for Executive reporting
- Manage capacity plans and staffing models end to end
- Responsible for FTE upload to forecast ledger
- Responsible for OIA process end to end, obtaining segment
- Consolidate mass target trackers for items impacting across
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Complete Real Estate Demand Forecast
- Independently manage to completion a variety of incoming
request from Operations, Finance and other business partners
- Identify and implement process improvements to more accurately
and efficiently complete end to end planning process
As part of this elite team, you will be empowered to impact the
health care system through the analysis and interpretation of data,
and presenting recommendations for business solutions. Join us!
There's never been a better time to do your life's best
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration
or related field
- 4+ years of business or finance operations experience
- Advanced level of experience working with Microsoft Excel with
the ability to create spreadsheets and perform VLOOKUPs, pivot
tables, and complex file links with proven experience in creating
ad hoc reports, manipulating multiple large data sets, etc.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including
proven ability to effectively communicate data and trend analysis,
concerns regarding performance, action plans, and solutions to
senior level executives
- Demonstrated process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and /
or evaluation of business processes
- Ability to succeed in self-directed environment
- Adaptable and able to quickly move with change while
maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including
early/late hours at times
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to succeed in
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple
- Demonstrated knowledge of business statistics
- Advanced skills in Access
- Prior supervisory experience
- Hyperion Essbase and / or Smartview
- Experience with automated database management systems (SAS,
- Six Sigma knowledge/experience
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity.
Start with a Fortune 10 organization that's serving more than 85
million people already and building the industry's singular
reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your
energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with
driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is
serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military
families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We
bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to
improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small
opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is
an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Workforce Management; Workforce Capacity Planning;
Workforce Manager, Workforce Director, statistics, finance or
business operations planning; telecommute, telecommuter, workforce
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group Inc., Minnetonka , Assoc. Director. Long Range Capacity Planning - Telecommute, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!