Facilities Maintenance Specialist
Company: Ameripride Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Facility Maintenance Specialist is responsible for the
day-to-day safe operations of designated building(s), grounds and
equipment. Working under general direction of a home office
executive, manages the maintenance, repair, upkeep and organization
of the location. Responsible for the timely and efficient
resolution of related issues with the building grounds and
equipment, coordinates and monitors work requests for vendors and
executes preventive maintenance programs and facility repairs as
needed to maintain a safe workplace for employees and inviting
location for customers. The Facility Maintenance Specialist ensures
the security and safety of the building and property, employees,
equipment and records at the utmost economy. This position is
required to follow Company policies and legal requirements,
including, but not limited to: Statement of Business Ethics; equal
opportunity; confidentiality/non-disclosure; and harassment-free,
respectful, violence-free and drug-free workplace.
Essential Job Tasks and Activities:
Typical tasks and activities for this job include, but are not
limited to the items listed below. Additional duties may be
assigned as needed by management.
- Schedule and perform duties in basic painting, carpentry,
electrical, plumbing, heating/cooling, ventilations, safety
systems, building automation controls and roofing to keep the
building, grounds and equipment in safe and functional operating
- Monitors and inspect building and premises for security
violations and safety concerns; monitor facility for compliance
with codes and state regulations.
- Coordinate the daily, monthly and year review of site equipment
and maintenance. Complete maintenance tasks or ensure they are
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests. Trouble shoot issues
to determine cause and solution, complete repairs when
- Maintain detailed maintenance records and prepare reports upon
- Coordinates "space" allocation and expansion for employee work
station moves and affiliate offices.
- Participate and support office layouts and department moves,
renovations and construction plans in a timely and efficient
- Responsible for store room allocation maintenance and security
safe and secure holing of corporate records and supplies.
- Coordinate interior design of office space, select appropriate
furniture, equipment, paint, wallpaper and carpet in keeping with
company guidelines for a safe and inviting workspace.
- Responsible for parking lot maintenance and safety including
appropriate and timely snow removal and security.
- Coordinate and supervise facility purchase and use of office
supplies. Ensure program is set and followed for maximum
centralized cost saving of office supplies. Set designated area for
supplies and monitor stock on hand of inventories.
- Monitor and ensure kitchen and bathroom supplies are well
stocked; which includes the pop machine. Responsible for securing
needed items from approved suppliers or retail locations.
- Coordinate, allocate, oversee and ensure safe and inviting
public areas of the building such as main entrance, hallways,
supply area, and copy rooms. Oversee areas for maximum efficiencies
and recommend interventions to ensure they are functional for
employees and inviting to customers.
- Manages security system by monitoring security key card access
in a timely and accurate manner.
- Grants security key card and building access to individual with
- Maintains accurate (and up-to-date) security key card database
of approved users.
- Communicates with security vendor any deletions, additions and
modifications to specific security key cards on a timely
- Recommend and supervise service providers and vendors. Manage
contract negotiation and scope of work provided.
- Supervise service contractors in order to ensure work is
completed properly, with minimal disruption to employees/customers,
in keeping with safety standards and quality work
- Supervise the cleaning contractors and establish appropriate
cleaning standards and guidelines.
- Prepares and assists in the preparation, review and management
of the annual facility budget, which includes justification of
building expenditures and repairs, and analysis of operation
- Conducts monthly review of building expense for discussion and
review with supervisor. Offers insightfully suggestions on ways to
manage costs for the facilities.
- Additional duties may be assigned by supervisor. Specific work
detail and instructions may vary depending upon business
Required Qualifications: to be completed:
Potential candidates for this job will be sought that have
strong indication of capability with the following items.
- Some post high School diploma or equivalent in a related
- 2+ years experience with building management and/or
- Ability to read blueprints, floor plans, and wiring
- Physical ability to move/configure employee workstations.
- Previous experience managing outside vendors and
- General knowledge of, and have experience with, small
carpentry, electrical and mechanical projects including painting
- HVAC and Boiler license preferred.
- Commercial electrical experience helpful.
- Knowledge of project management with the ability to multi-task
ongoing projects of varying size and complexity.
- Experience with building and facilities permits and
- Knowledge of OSHA/WISHA guidelines and safety programs.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication throughout
all levels of the organization.
- Great attention to detail while multi-tasking and work well in
a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to build effective professional relationships
- Excellent customer service and communication skills both
written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills a plus.
Physical environment/working condition
- Typical corporate office environment.
Computer / Technical Skills: Typical technical skills used in
this position typically include:
- Moderate experience with Microsoft Office Suite: Word,
- On-line tools - Internet browsers and web accessing
Keywords: Ameripride Services, Inc., Minnetonka , Facilities Maintenance Specialist, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!