Employee Relations Manager
Company: Alerus Financial
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Employee Relations Manager is responsible for the direction
and management of the employee relations and talent acquisition
activities of the company. With direct oversight of the HR
Generalist team, this position will coordinate efforts to ensure
employee recruiting and onboarding activities along with employee
policies and practices are aligned with our company strategies for
continued growth. This position will lead and participate in
various projects and events throughout the company as
Job Function 1: Employee Relations - 40%
- Provide direction and guidance to the HR Generalists, managers,
and employees regarding personnel policies, practices, and
- Promote and champion the company's mission, vision, and culture
by integrating the company's fundamental beliefs in all programs
- Work with managers and employees on action plans regarding
performance concerns, providing guidance and positive support.
- Respond to employee relation issues such as employee concerns
and complaints, harassment allegations or employment law related
- Conduct exit interviews; collecting and analyzing exit survey
data for trends and making make recommendations for corrective
action and continuous improvement.
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and
procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and
- Work with managers and generalists to maintain up-to-date job
- Assist employees, supervisors and department heads to settle
work-related conflicts through advice and recommendation.
Job Function: Talent Acquisition - 40%
- Oversee the recruitment and onboarding process with HR
Generalists and hiring managers, ensuring the effectiveness of the
process with regard to identified business needs and goals.
- Develop talent acquisition strategies, initiatives, and
associated programs to source and attract qualified candidates;
leveraging employee referrals and industry networks.
- Direct and coordinate recruitment efforts, ensuring consistent
and best practices are followed as well as managing workflow to
ensure timely turnarounds with heavy recruiting volume.
- Develop, streamline and enhance staffing process and systems,
utilizing reports and metrics to identify trends and targets.
- Manages vendor relationships with staffing agencies and college
- Manage applicant pre-employment testing and background check
processes and vendor relationships, ensuring appropriate review and
approvals are provided when needed.
- Determine attendance at appropriate job/career fairs with
appropriate staff as a source to generate qualified
- Actively recruits applicants for open positions as well as
positions with steady turnover to build an active pipeline.
- Corresponds with applicants to inform them of employment
possibilities, considerations, and selection.
- Reviews and screens applicants for positions, recommending
qualified internal and external applications to the appropriate
hiring manager for interview selection.
- Coordinate employment related testing, and provide appropriate
- Coordinate the employee onboarding process to include
employment offers, employee set up, orientation program,
activities, and training schedule.
- Work with marketing to develop promotional material to aid in
Job Function 3: Management and HR Team Member Responsibilities -
- Provide oversight and direction to team for day-to-day
responsibilities as well as assist other HR members to support
various activities throughout the company.
- Monitor performance of HR Generalist team members, providing
continuous feedback and formal goal setting through the formal
- Develop team goals, objectives and tracking/reporting
- Manage workflow of HR Generalists staff, coordinating and
shifting resources to assigned areas as necessary
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect
continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services
- Network and build relationships with other Human Resource
professionals in communities we serve.
- Works with Talent Manager to facilitate training if needed on
topics of expertise to employees or managers throughout the
- Participate as a HR project resource as assigned.
- Develop and maintains employee recognition programs.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations
concerning employment laws.
- Assist with planning and coordinating employee functions, such
as all employee meetings, parties, and recognition events.
- Support market specific company and community involvement
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or any
equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the
required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- 3 or more years of HR experience, preferable in the financial
- Understanding and application of a variety of Human Resources
concepts, practices and procedures.
- Analytical and problem-solving analysis skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and customer service
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationship with employees.
- Ability to travel as needed to other markets and
- Effective verbal, written, and telephone skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidential
- Demonstrates effective time management and organizational
- Ability to use independent judgment to accomplish goals.
- Creative, positive, and passionate for work.
- Adapts positively to continuous change.
Physical Demands - Must be met with or without a reasonable
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately
8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach
with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch
or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and
materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women,
minorities, protected veterans and individuals with
Keywords: Alerus Financial, Minnetonka , Employee Relations Manager, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!