Medical Underwriting Nurse
Company: HCC Life Insurance
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Under general supervision, reviews Request for Proposal (RFP)
and renewal data for high-dollar and complex diagnoses and
estimates remaining costs for underwriting recommendation and
Key Responsibilities Intro
Relying on limited experience and knowledge, this role is
responsible for accomplishing the following assignments. These
assignments are varied in nature.
- Review issues forwarded from the Underwriting group that
includes complex diagnoses and then estimate ongoing costs. Provide
this information to the specific Underwriter.
- Act as support for renewal underwriting. This includes, but is
not limited to, assessing the severity code on on-going claims,
adjusting reserves for accuracy, evaluating new referrals if
effective within sixty days of notice, and assigning recommended
specifics, if requested.
- Educate Underwriters on how to recognize specific diagnoses and
severe types of diagnoses to ensure these are identified and
properly quoted during the underwriting process.
- Follow work plans, established timelines, and predefined goals
for assigned work.
- Meet commitments on deadlines.
- Communicate activities, results, and observations with
employees and management as appropriate.
- Identify areas for improvement in existing business
- Perform work thoroughly in a cost-efficient manner and at a
high productivity level.
Business Controls and Policies
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Report any breakdowns in controls to management.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner.
- Strong medical knowledge including International Classification
of Diseases (ICD), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), medical
terminology, COBRA, and HIPAA
- Strong understanding of operations of third-party
administrators(TPAs) and managing general underwriters (MGUs)
- Knowledge of Carrier and Reinsurer reporting and contractual
- Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of
principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an
emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated
ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical
developments related to applicable area of the Company's business
to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office
package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
Keywords: HCC Life Insurance, Minnetonka , Medical Underwriting Nurse, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!