Technical Support Supervisor - Minnetonka, MN
Company: UnitedHealth Group Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The IT Service Desk (ITSD) supports Optum and UnitedHealth
Group. The ITSD team supports more than 300,000 domestic and
international employees while operating 24x7 year-round, including
all holidays. While taking in excess of 150,000 contacts per month
the ITSD offers first level technical support for: 4,000 plus
systems and applications, servers, desktop, telephone, network and
We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most
of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another
gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to
make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing
your life's best work. We go the extra distance to deliver value to
the customers we serve, including cost effective, simple and useful
end user computing technology and services.
The Supervisor of Technical Support role at the ITSD is an
important part of a global IT support team. They are responsible
for providing direct leadership to technicians in a multi-location,
international, technical support environment. The IT Service Desk
team provides level 1.99 technical support to the UnitedHealth &
Optum team members. ITSD Leaders provide timely, constructive, and
honest feedback to support specialists, peers and others.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of 15-20 support
technicians, consistent with UnitedHealth Group and Optum's vision
and strategies, and department goals and objectives.
- Coach and develop technical analyst staff by communicating
performance expectations, providing on-going feedback, and ensuring
training resources and plans are in place to address individual and
- Facilitate meetings effectively; monitors group dynamics and
fosters a positive work environment within the team.
- Review volumes and partner with team to identify emerging
customer trends (types of calls, chats and web submissions) and
notifies the appropriate resources while ensuring service levels,
work volume and quality standards are met.
- Be a champion for change and continuous improvement.
- Manage staffing to ensure productivity, metric, and quality
standards are met and customer service expectations are
- Utilize call recordings to evaluate customer service skills of
team members - provide coaching as needed.
- Analyze and investigate opportunities for increasing
efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
- Provide explanations and interpretations within area of
- Work with subject matter experts or more experienced leadership
team members to supplement existing knowledge and understanding to
- Demonstrate a highly developed sense of integrity and
commitment to providing customer focused support.
- Recognize and reward performance and contributions of team
members and team.
- Other duties as assigned by Leadership
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- 4+ years leadership experience, preferably in a combination of
call center and technology support areas
- 2+ year Service Desk experience
- Experience working in and around call center environment
- Leadership experience in a combination of call center and
technology support areas
- Strong background in managing escalations, client and user
management for Service Desk Functions
- Working experience with various IT Service Desk
technologies/platforms - including ServiceNow, HP Service Manager,
ACD Systems, Genesys, Cisco, Nice, SCCM, Altiris, WebEx, etc.
- Proven ability to prioritize workload and allocate time
effectively while maintaining focus on goals and objectives
- Ability and motivation to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated success in developing and coaching staff, building
cohesive teams and establishing effective working relationships
across the organization
- Exposure to or knowledge of ITIL practices
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently while
being part of a decentralized team
- Thorough knowledge of Windows and Microsoft O365 applications.
Microsoft certifications desirable but not required
- Experience with Networking Principles, Internet Protocol Suite
(TCP/IP), Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks
- Experience with MS Office (including Word, Excel and
- Experience with Cisco; networking and software
- ITIL v3.0 foundation certified
- HDI certification strongly desired
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship
management skills with the demonstrated ability to influence team
members, peers, customers and stakeholders
- Detail oriented, flexible and enjoy working in a fast-paced
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have
amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve
people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll
help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing
information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's
needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be
put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and
lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest
work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place
to do your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and
safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are
taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition
some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols
in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the
return of each wave, paying specific attention to
geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety
of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with
resources and support as they continue to serve the members,
patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and
support impacted communities: click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is
an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Technical Support, Supervisor, Minnetonka MN, #RPO
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group Inc., Minnetonka , Technical Support Supervisor - Minnetonka, MN, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!