Underwriting Assistant III
Company: HCC Life Insurance
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Under general supervision, performs various routine underwriting
tasks to assist in the processing and renewal of policies and
contracts for the Underwriting department.
Relying on experience and knowledge, this role is responsible
for accomplishing the following assignments. These assignments
reflect substantial variety and are broad in nature.
- Pull and distribute census and zip code information to be
entered into internal databases (PA) by Underwriting
- Evaluate, analyze, and/or interpret plan documents, amendments,
and/or schedules of benefits provided by third-party administrators
- Responsible for the accuracy and completion of underwriting
information and data entry forms pertaining to new and sold
business, as well as renewal and life cases.
- Data entry of all pertinent information obtained through the
analysis of requests for proposal (RFPs) to generate manual rates
from internal database.
- Evaluate, analyze, and/or interpret aggregate reports provided
by TPA/brokers to determine risk and also assist Underwriters with
their determination of discretion to assign.
- Obtain all necessary information required by the Underwriters
so they may provide the best quote possible for TPA/brokers.
- Generate analysis reports for underwriters illustrating the
progress of the HCCB Underwriting department and other factors
pertaining to renewal and new business growth.
- Communicate effectively with TPA/brokers, peers, and other
departments. Answer questions, within scope of ability and refer
other questions to appropriate person.
- Study and learn underwriting manual and HCCB Underwriting
procedures to work towards an underwriting position.
- Maintain required documentation on all RFPs and policy renewals
in system, manual files, and scanned document storage.
- Perform other general clerical duties such as data entry,
mailing, copying, filing, faxing, scanning, ordering supplies, and
operating departmental office equipment.
- Follow work plans, established timelines, and predefined goals
for assigned work.
- Meet commitments on deadlines.
- Possess strong customer focus and high service level
relationship with clients.
- Perform work thoroughly in a cost-efficient manner and at a
high productivity level.
- Utilize company resources effectively.
Business Controls and Policies
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Take all reasonable steps to safeguard company assets against
waste, loss, unauthorized use, and misappropriation.
- Report any breakdown in controls to a supervisor or
- No people management responsibility
- May orient, train, assign, or review the work of less
Keywords: HCC Life Insurance, Minnetonka , Underwriting Assistant III, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!