Selling and Service Director
Company: Dick's Sporting Goods Inc
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We're building something new in Minnetonka, MN! A destination
devoted to sports. A place where the community will gather and be
inspired. To create this new experience, we're building a
leadership team that will dream big, obsess over the athlete (our
customer), inspire teammates and challenge every 'normal' thing
This is a new role for a new type of experience - we're seeking
an Service and Selling Culture Director. This opportunity has never
existed, because the work we're doing is beyond anything retail has
ever seen. Think about a role where you are defining and executing
the most customer obsessed experience - ever - in retail, and
frankly in any customer focused industry.
This Director will have the exciting challenge of creating an
athlete-first culture of world-class, hassle free, engaging
service. From defining what that experience is to training and
developing the best teammates to execute. We're taking customer
service to the next level and the ideal candidate is obsessed with
delighting and surprising our athletes.
If you're ready for the most rewarding challenge of your career
- we can't wait to meet you.
The role you'll play:
- Responsible for driving the highest level of customer service
throughout the store, ensuring our teammates are driving the DICK'S
common purpose and delivering hassle-free, engaging, athlete-first
- Directly responsible for providing leadership to Front End
areas (i.e. Guest Services Counter and Checkout/ Cashiers) ensuring
athlete satisfaction at the conclusion of their store visit and
awareness of in-store programming.
- Bring to life the power of opinion at our new store. Making
sure our experience includes product experts who provide
consultative advice to our athletes, ensuring they are well
equipped and ready to tackle their sport.
- Manage and supervise the activities of all teammates to ensure
they demonstrate excellent product knowledge and customer service
when interacting with athletes. Hold teammates accountable for
effectively executing selling behaviors related to our selling
- Develop and provide outstanding teammate training and coaching
to deliver on the new store vision and experience. Conduct
one-on-one teammate conversations, facilitate training workshops,
conduct role play exercises, and reinforce training to ensure all
teammates are meeting the needs of the athlete.
- Responsible for developing and tracking success metrics.
- Ensure the visual strategy developed by the CSC Visual team is
executed flawlessly, creating a compelling in-store experience that
is easily understood by the athlete and in turn drives sales.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures related to
safety, loss prevention and standard operating procedures, as well
as to laws and guidelines of external governing entities.
- Responsible for building a world-class team, including
attracting, selecting, coaching and developing hyper-engaged
teammates. This includes partnering closely with your HR partner to
create and nurture a team that will exceed operational and sales
expectations and the goals of their individual roles.
- Perform other tasks as assigned supporting the greatest sports
retail experience out there!
The experience we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Communications or
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- 3+ years of store leadership/general manager experience
- 5+ years of retail/hospitality/customer service experience
- Proven business leader mindset, routed in customer service
- Excellent communication, project management, operations and
- A proven track record of leading a customer-first team
- Strong relationship building experience
- A passion for relentless improvement, embracing and driving
DICK'S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed
to Inclusion and Diversity.
Keywords: Dick's Sporting Goods Inc, Minnetonka , Selling and Service Director, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!