Autism Day Treatment Paraprofessional
Company: St. David's Center
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Program Summary: The Autism Day Treatment (ADT) program at St.
David's Center is for children ages 2-6 years, who have a medical
diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The program uses a
mental health approach and leverages an interdisciplinary team of
child therapists including licensed psychologists/mental health
professionals, mental health practitioners, and music,
occupational, and speech-language therapists.
Position Overview: We are now hiring a Paraprofessional for our
Autism Day Treatment program. This position assists the Mental
Health Practitioner and Mental Health Professional in implementing
individual day treatment plans for children and their families.
- Promote skill development of children in day treatment as
indicated by the daily program schedule. Individual children and/or
groups will be assigned daily.
- Assist the child in using age-appropriate self-management
skills, including communication, self-regulation, self-help skills,
motor skills, and cognitive development, play, and relationship
- Communicate effectively with the multi-disciplinary team, the
child, and the child's family.
- Complete pre-service training prior to starting to work in the
day treatment program.
- Assist the mental health practitioner with daily set-up and
clean-up of materials and activities.
- Set-up materials and toys for individual skill work and groups
as they occur throughout the program day.
- Assist with daily self-help skills, such as diapering,
toileting, washing hands, eating, etc.
This position offers the opportunity to work for an agency that
is committed to employee wellness, the professional development of
employees and the overall wellness of clients being served. St.
David's Center accomplishes these objectives through supportive &
collaborative team environments, flexible work schedules and
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Pay: DOQ. This position is benefits eligible, including
eligibility for loan forgiveness!
- Associates Degree with 4,000-hour experience
- Knowledge of child development and childhood disorders
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services
- Experience working with early childhood and children with
special needs, particularly children on the autism spectrum.
St. David's Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Autism Day Treatment; Paraprofessional; Somali; Human
Services; Autism; ASD
Keywords: St. David's Center, Minnetonka , Autism Day Treatment Paraprofessional, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!