Teen Program Coordinator
Company: YMCA Twin Cities
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Teen Program Staff
Join an energetic team of youth workers and serve teens where
they live! Neighborhood Centers are YMCAs inside affordable housing
complexes and provide youth and family services to residents living
there. We have an opportunity for a part-time teen program staff to
join our team and serve teens on-site in Minnetonka and Eden
Prairie. This includes middle school and high school youth. The
ideal candidate would have experience working with BIPOC and youth
experiencing poverty. Schedule can be flexible and arranged to
accommodate the right candidate. Schedule will include 6 hours per
week with opportunities to increase if desired. Candidate will
provide programming such as life skills instruction, leadership
development, college and career readiness, paid internships, and
- Job Summary:
The Youth Development Staff is responsible for assisting with
the designated programs to ensure that the program criteria and
objectives are carried out. The incumbent is responsible for
implementing curriculum, as assigned. The youth development staff
provides a safe, enjoyable experience to all program
- Essential Functions:
- Working, as part of a team, to perform program activities as
directed by the supervisor.
- Assist with daily curriculum.
- Communicate courteously with members and participants.
- Supervise and engage youth in activities.
- Maintain a safe environment.
- Assist in special programs and activities as required by
This position reports to the Youth Development Coordinator or
Program Director. The incumbent interacts regularly with staff,
members, and the community. This position requires regular
interaction with youth, families, members, and staff from a variety
of diverse backgrounds.
- Must be self-directed, motivated, organized, and creative
- Ability and interest in working with people of diverse
- Strong communication and mediation skills
- Work Conditions:
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including being
mobile, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in
- May be exposed to verbal outbursts, physical actions or bodily
fluids as part of the environment.
- Work environments range from quiet work areas to busy, noisy
indoor and outdoor spaces with several groups talking amongst
- Must be able to actively participate in youth
- Additional Notes:
This job description represents the major functions of the
position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is
also responsible for taking direction from branch representatives
in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for
the branch or Association success.
Keywords: YMCA Twin Cities, Minnetonka , Teen Program Coordinator, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!