Company: YMCA Twin Cities
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Are you passionate about serving others? Do you have a
commitment to compassion and excellence? Do you work in food
service and LOVE providing youth and adults with delicious and
HEALTHY meals? Join us at the Y in delivering nutrition and mission
as kitchen staff and server in our kitchen!
The kitchen staff and server role includes assisting in the
preparation of healthy and nutritious meals for participants,
maintaining appropriate health standards, and serving. The kitchen
staff and server will also set tables, clear tables, wash dishes
and perform other cleaning as needed in the kitchen. If the kitchen
staff and server has experience working with food allergies and a
diverse population a plus!
Kitchen and server staff may include early mornings (breakfast),
afternoons (lunch), evenings (dinner), and some weekends may be
required depending on the kitchen needs.
As a kitchen and server staff you must enjoy a fun and
interactive work environment, live entertainment (camp songs,
etc.), and a lot of kid questions! Kitchen and server staff must
have reliable transportation (some locations are remote)
- Job Summary:
The Cook prepares healthy and nutritious meals for participants.
The incumbent maintains appropriate health standards and adequate
food supply levels. The incumbent may provide work direction to
kitchen staff and dishwashers as needed.
- Essential Functions:
- Prepares healthy and nutritious meals for participants and
- Participates in the planning of menus which meet necessary
nutrition and dietary needs.
- Maintains clean and safe kitchen work areas, stockroom,
freezer, refrigerator, dining room, dish room and loading dock in
accordance with State of Minnesota health regulations.
- Assists with the purchasing and inventory of food supplies as
- Provides work direction to kitchen staff and dishwashers as
- Practices personal hygiene and cleanliness in handling
This position reports to the Camp Food Service Manager or
Executive Director or Program Director depending on location. The
incumbent regularly interacts with participants, general public,
staff, and volunteers. The incumbent provides work direction to
kitchen staff and dishwashers, as needed.
- Minimum age of 18
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in food preparation
- Process or ability to obtain Food Safe Certification by the
county Public Health Department.
- Upon hire, completion of YMCA provided First Aid and CPR
- Knowledge of kitchen operating procedures and food handling and
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability and desire to work with camp staff and other young
- Education/training in nutrition.
- Dedication to the philosophy and mission of the YMCA
- Work Conditions:
- Requires lifting up to 50 pounds
- Requires ability to safely operate all necessary kitchen
equipment and cleaning supplies. (The incumbent utilizes equipment
which can be potentially dangerous to include knives, ovens, meat
slicers, mixers, broilers, and cleaning chemicals)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Additional Notes:
This job description represents the major functions of the
position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is
responsible for taking direction from the Camp, Program or
Executive Director or their representatives in completing projects
or performing duties deemed necessary for camp and Association
Keywords: YMCA Twin Cities, Minnetonka , Line Cook, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!