Company: Michael Foods Inc
Posted on: June 9, 2021
This Supply Planner is responsible for managing the master
production schedule for Michael Foods, INC. in a manner that
optimizes cost, quality, and service. This process at MFI includes
managing plant production capacities and executing DC/SKU inventory
strategies. The Supply Planner is also responsible for planning the
deployment and distribution of finished goods inventories at
multiple distribution centers within MFI's distribution network.
This position involves significant interaction with many different
functional departments across MFI, including plant operations,
customer service, procurement, and distribution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop the supply plans for both production plants and
distribution centers to hit target inventory levels, customer
service levels, while minimizing obsolescence.
- Leverage systemic tools including SAP, APO, PP/DS, BW, and MRP
in driving high-quality supply plans in both the near and long term
- Gain thorough understanding of master data in order to drive
intended planning results
- Monitor and facilitate resolutions on product availability
issues for customer orders.
- Gain thorough understanding of plant capabilities and the
corresponding impact to the master production schedule.
- Coordinate phase-in of new products and phase-out of
- Determine root causes and solutions for inventory
- Maintain and present KPI's reflecting master schedule and
inventory performance, understanding the factors that drive the
- Support the monthly supply review portion of the Sales and
Operations Planning (S&OP) process with plant operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 10%.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in business, math, or industrial engineering
preferred and 1+ years' experience OR 3+ years manufacturing,
distribution, or inventory planning experience.
- Working knowledge of SAP SNP and ERP systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft products suite with advanced
capabilities in Excel.
- Detail-oriented; self-motivated; a strategic, logical and
- Ability to focus on business process and project goals. Able to
prioritize to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to analyze information and provide fact-based
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and the
ability and desire to interact with all functions of the
- APICS Certification-completed certification or in process
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of the work and may not include all the duties associated with this
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc, Minnetonka , Supply Planner, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!