Senior Coordinator of Aquatics
Company: YMCA Twin Cities
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Do you have a passion for swimming and motivating others? Come
coach and assist supervising our aquatics pool program. The
Aquatics Supervisor (Manager) assists creating and nurturing a
welcoming program for all in the pool. The Aquatics Supervisor
(Manager) will assist in the development and implementation of safe
and high-quality swimming programs for members and guests, which
satisfy specific needs. The Aquatics Supervisor (Manager) will be
hands on in the pool area assisting Swim Instructors teach swim
lessons, Lifeguards with lifeguarding and increasing participation
rates for the pool program.
Are you detail-oriented? The Aquatics Supervisor (Manager) role
will include coordination and supervision of an aquatic's
portfolio, which may include Swim Instructors with swimming
lessons, Lifeguards with open swimming, specialty aquatic programs,
and CPR/First-Aid/Lifeguard training. As an Aquatics Supervisor
(Manager) you will assist in developing and implementing swim
programming and scheduling including private lessons.
Do you want to be an advocate? The Aquatics Supervisor (Manager)
is an advocate for our member focused aquatics program and team
member development. As an Aquatics Supervisor (Manager) you will
assist the Aquatics Director in being an ambassador for strong
kids, strong families and communities while you manage the pool.
The Aquatics Supervisor (Manager) will handle pool concerns timely
and professionally and escalate to the Aquatics Director as needed.
The Aquatics Supervisor (Manager) will assist the Aquatics Director
to hire, train, supervise and evaluate aquatics staff (Lifeguards
and Swim Instructors) ensuring pool coverage during aquatics
activities and open swim. $18.50/hour
- Job Summary:
The Senior Coordinator of Aquatics provides daily direction and
supervision for the Aquatics Team. The incumbent assists the
Aquatics Director in meeting established participation and revenue
goals. The incumbent hires, trains and supervises staff.
- Essential Functions:
- Provides daily direction and supervision for Aquatics as
- Assists in the implementation of programs, assessment of staff
technical abilities, evaluate program results, identify areas for
improvement to achieve desired goals and objectives.
- Recruits, hires, on boards, trains and supervises staff.
- Ensures a high level of customer service which enhances the
member, program participant and guest experience and
- Assists in the process to ensure the quality, cleanliness and
maintenance of and the Aquatics program areas.
- Delivers Aquatics programs directly to members and participants
a portion of the time.
This position reports to the Aquatics Director who reports to
the Senior Association Aquatic Director. The incumbent interacts
with other branch and Association staff.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in Aquatics
- Minimum of 6 months supervisory experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word
- Certifications required within 45 days of hire: BLS, First Aid,
Emergency Oxygen Administration, YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor
Training, nationally accredited lifeguard certification (may not
teach/guard until certifications are complete)
- Complete Deck Manager training prior to working on deck
- Ability to manage and deliver programs to a diverse
- Degree in Recreation, Management, physical education or related
- Current Lifeguard Instructor Certification.
- Work Conditions:
- Ability to pass lifeguard water test.
- Must be able to remain alert with no lapses of consciousness in
a warm environment with air temperatures of 80 degrees or
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to perceive, identify and respond to signs of
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in
- Observe all areas of the pool with clear vision.
- Be able to perform strenuous physical tasks necessary for a
water rescue, including swimming quickly, supporting adult body
weight while swimming as far as 50 feet, and removing adult body
weight from the pool.
- Communicate verbally, including projecting voice across
distance in normal and loud situations.
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time.
- Additional Notes:
This job description represents the major functions of the
position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is
also responsible for taking direction from the Executive Director
or Branch Director or their designee in completing projects or
performing duties deemed necessary for the Branch and/or
Keywords: YMCA Twin Cities, Minnetonka , Senior Coordinator of Aquatics, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!