Credit Union Teller
Company: Express Employment Professionals
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Credit Union in Minnetonka looking for full-time TellerJob
Responsibilities:Serve our members by receiving or paying out funds
with high degree of accuracy. Maintain accurate transactional
records; provide basic cash receipt and payment services in
accordance with credit union policies and procedures. Advocate for,
and educate, our members regarding the services offered by the
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous,
professional and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate and
efficient member transactions.
- Assist and educate members with selecting the products and
services that best meet their needs and recommend other
complementary services to provide member satisfaction, increase
product penetration, and promote the credit union.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled
amounts to computer-generated proof sheet.
- Research and resolve discrepancies for self, and also assist
others. Report any discrepancies to the supervisor asnecessary.
- Receive share drafts/checks and cash for deposit to accounts,
verify amounts, examine share drafts/checks for proper endorsement,
and enter deposits into computer records.
- Cash share drafts/checks and process withdrawals; pay out money
after verification of signatures and member balances.
- Recognize when it is necessary to place holds on account for
- Orders and sells supply of currency, counts incoming cash and
- Accurately balances the vault, coin machine and instant issue
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all
credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by
tellers, as well as all related policies and procedures, rules and
regulations for the teller area, including robbery procedures.
- Able to identify members' financial needs and cross-sell
services to meet those needs. Advise members on promotional items
- Receive mortgage, consumer loan, and other payments. Enter
payments into computer. Generate member receipts. Bring potential
fee refunds to supervisor.
- Ensure that the teller station is properly stocked with forms,
supplies, brochures, etc.
- Check mail/night deposits and record proper information
according to credit union procedure.
- Exercise discretion, judgment, and initiative regarding
transaction problems and inquiries.
- Maintain confidentiality of member account information. Follow
established policies and procedures in responding to inquiries and
- Assist Member Engagement Specialists and other areas of the
Credit Union as needed.
- Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual referral goals as defined
by management and participates in the development and attainment of
- Follow Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) policies and procedures as they
relate to this position.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.Competencies & Skills:
- Detail and results orientation.
- Communication and interpersonal relations, team player.
- Maturity, confidentiality and adaptability.
- Positive Member/Customer impact.
- Assumes responsibility for personal development through
training, collaboration and teamwork.Qualifications:
- High School degree required, Associates or bachelor's degree
- One year of teller experience or two years' cashiers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven superior customer/member service skills.
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness.#HMN
Keywords: Express Employment Professionals, Minnetonka , Credit Union Teller, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!