Posted on: September 17, 2022
- Support the department by studying engineering sketches,
specifications, and supporting documents.
- Design, detail, document and verify
mechanical/electrical/electronic parts, subassemblies, assemblies,
or systems configurations of equipment.
- Drawing multiple views, depicting relationship of components
and parts; identifying dimensions, angles, curvatures, tolerance,
- Prepare bills of material and specifications.
- Create documentation required and process engineering change
- Ensure adherence to designated quality and cost parameters
using CAD system.
- Ensure proper revision control of all engineering
- Ensure quality of drawing and functionality of equipment by
assisting in the building/acquiring of prototypes; test and analyze
- Make various calculations, such as strength of materials,
weights, simple forces, and stresses, frequently using charts and
- Analyze the effect of proposed changes for proper fit and/or
interference problems; recommend possible solutions or alternative
construction as needed.
- Modify drawing as required; configure with engineers to resolve
- Maintain CAD equipment by following manufacture's instruction
and procedures' performing preventative maintenance, calling for
repairs, as requested.4 Year Engineering Degree is preferred. If no
Degree, would look at a designer with 4+ years of Solidworks
- DesignerWork Environment:
- The company has roughly 350 employees in MN. This will be
working with a design and engineering team of around 35. Business
casual dress. Work hard, play hard attitude.
- Fun product with some really high profile customers (think
- Accommodating company culture that values people
- Diverse product line, well placed for all economies
- Significant growths rates above market average for 7 of last 8
- New facilityPerformance Expectations
- Best vs Average: The best candidates are those that are able to
work independently on projects, yet able to communicate well
cross-functionally with customers and internal groups.
- 1st Day: Must come in proficient in SolidWorks and to place and
perform drawings for parts on the equipment.
- Metrics: Candidate will be measured on the how quickly he or
she is able to design in SolidWorks and how accurate drawings are
done according to GD&T.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent
solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and
provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every
day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're
supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that
advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant
care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous
development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an
operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all
applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion,
national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Actalent, Minnetonka , Mechanical Engineer, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!