Seasonal Asset Protection Security Guard, Ridgedale
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason
we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our
communities. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's. The face of
retail is changing, and change requires innovation. - Our
industry-leading Asset Protection team uses the latest technology
and analytics tools to reduce shortages and protect Macy's bottom
line. Develop your skills with opportunities to specialize in areas
such as Investigations, Organized Retail Crime, and Asset
Protection Training. Join a team of colleagues who are committed to
excellence and leadership development.
The Security Guard's primary responsibility is to deter theft,
communicate suspicious activity to the Asset Protection/Loss
Prevention Department, maintain a safe business environment, and
provide strong customer service. The Security Guard is primarily
stationed at customer entrances and monitors customer traffic
entering and exiting the store. Performs other duties as assigned.
Macy's uses a scheduling plan that allows our colleagues to
participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing
availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key
events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts
to our colleagues, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling
tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the
- Successfully complete all Asset Protection/Loss Prevention
training requirements including CPR and First Aid and maintain
personal certifications as required by law
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the
customer is always the # 1 priority.
- Acknowledge Customers in a friendly and helpful manner upon
Customer's entry into the area.
- Monitor high shortage areas such as receiving and jewelry as
needed; may perform audit functions
- Use two-way communication devices to maintain contact with
Store Detectives to ensure store safety
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft
incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits,
and other activities as assigned by the Asset Protection/Loss
- Have knowledge of and maintain strict compliance with the law
and company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and
seizures, and the preservation of evidence
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Minimum -High School or GED
- Some college is desirable.
- Completion of Store Agent Training program required upon
assignment to position.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret
instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours,
which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and
- Extended periods of sitting are also involved.
- Some kneeling, stooping, crouching, or crawling may be
- Involves moving and/or lifting at least 30 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to use restraints in an apprehension.
- Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for and here to . Candidates in
Connecticut: Click here for Candidates in Nevada: Click here
Keywords: Macy's, Minnetonka , Seasonal Asset Protection Security Guard, Ridgedale, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!