Lead Researcher - Membranes
Company: Veolia Water Technologies and Solutions
Posted on: January 15, 2023
Visit WTS Internal Career Site
SUEZ- Water Technologies & Solutions is now known as Veolia Water
Technologies & Solutions. As part of Veolia, we join in its mission
of "resourcing the world." With the addition of our
industry-leading technologies and expertise, our combined strengths
will help to turn the tide for Ecological Transformation.
Lead Researcher - Membranes
Jan 1, 2023
Minnetonka, MN, US, 55343-8990
SUEZ WTS Solutions USA Inc.
Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions (VWTS) is a $3.2B leading
provider of membrane separations and purification technologies for
water and process applications. This position is in the WTS Center
of Excellence (COE) for membrane development in Minnetonka, MN, and
will help drive our new product introduction (NPI) growth programs
globally. The Lead Researcher will invent and develop new and
improved ion exchange (IX) membranes that result in new products or
processes that are best-in-class in the marketplace.
- Develop membrane recipes meeting well defined properties and
- Perform experiments to synthesize new monomers or new
formulations of monomers to create novel ion exchange
- Work with vendors to source and/or develop new membrane
substrates and monomers.
- Produce well-characterized developmental membranes in the lab
and supports scale up to pilot line production
- Perform membrane characterization testing to define the
specific membrane characteristics, i.e. ionic resistance,
mechanical properties, chemical resistance, and ion selectivity,
- Use lab scale equipment to test the membrane
- Participate in membrane selection or modification for specific
applications as defined by product and technology manager and
ultimately our customers
- Contribute to troubleshooting field problems associated with
ion exchange membranes
- Attend technical meetings and seminars as required
- Maintain records appropriate for protection of intellectual
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Master's degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or material
science plus 3-5 years of industrial research experience, or Ph.D.
in the field of ion exchange membrane development
- Knowledge of ion exchange membrane fabrication
- Comprehensive knowledge and practical experience in measuring
ion exchange membrane performance characteristics
- Good knowledge and experience with Environmental, Health and
Safety (EH&S) practices
- Motivated self-starter with the personal initiative to help
shape a Growth Program platform
- Good statistical data analysis skills, including Design of
- Excellent oral and written English and presentation skills
Screen readers cannot read the following searchable map.
Follow this link to reach our Job Search page to search for
available jobs in a more accessible format.
Keywords: Veolia Water Technologies and Solutions, Minnetonka , Lead Researcher - Membranes, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!