Event Planning Lead
Company: House of Sport
Posted on: January 26, 2023
DescriptionHouse of Sport by Dick’s Sporting Goods is more than
just a store, it’s a destination, an experience, a place where
athletes can experiment and play. A house devoted to sport where
our community can gather and be inspired. We are fundamentally
changing retail by elevating these experiences, delivering first in
class service, obsessing over our athletes, inspiring our
teammates, and challenging retail norms. If you’re ready for the
most rewarding challenge of your career – we can’t wait to meet
you! The Event Planning Lead is responsible for overseeing
particular tasks throughout the event planning process related to
in-store and field events. Their duties include meeting with
vendors at the venue location to help with set-up, running errands
for supplies and decorations and working with their teammates to
ensure the completion of a successful event. The event planning
lead must ensure they provide excellent customer service
experiences by engaging in high levels of service
Essential Functions of this position include:
- In collaboration with Community Leadership team, responsible
for assisting in planning all events related to in-store and Field
events including: cost planning, ROI analysis, staffing coverage,
internal and external communication, event day-of execution (setup
to tear down) and ensuring all appropriate event waiver needs are
in 100% compliance.
- Become an expert on all event space capabilities; provide
information on event space configurations and capacities, and
recommend the most effective set up for the event type and size
based on event space availability.
- Work with Community Integration Director to ensure events are
within budget. Work together to reconciliation while identifying
opportunities for efficiencies and cost savings on all events.
- Create event documentation to include agendas, event
portfolios, overviews, and proposals.
- Leads and monitors reservations scheduling tool.
- Provide administrative support to community relations team as
- Coordinates event entertainment, including music selection,
guest speakers, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness/maintenance & equipment needs for store
- Adhere to established policies and procedures related to
safety, loss prevention and standard operating procedures, as well
as to laws and guidelines of external governing entities. Community
& Customer Focus
- Establish and maintain relationships with event customers,
gaining insight into specific needs and event requirements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with prospective and
current vendors used for various events.
- Creates sales opportunities for future events during client
liaisons and during events, including possessing a strong working
knowledge of the company to further these sales opportunities.
- Attend and gather feedback from events to ensure athlete
satisfaction. All Teammates are required to adhere to all safety
policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise,
other tasks may become necessary. Qualifications
- 1-3 years of event planning experience; a mix of profit &
non-profit experience is ideal
- 2+ years of customer service experience is preferred
- Strong people mangaement skills and the ability to develop
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Superior organization abilities and strong detail
- Problem solving & troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to drive projects & manage project teams DICK’S
Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to
Inclusion and Diversity.
Keywords: House of Sport, Minnetonka , Event Planning Lead, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!