Supervisor Sr., Manufacturing
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Supervisor Sr., Manufacturing page is loaded Supervisor Sr.,
Manufacturing Apply locations United States - Minnesota -
Minnetonka time type Full time posted on Posted 3 Days Ago job
requisition id 31057163 Abbott is a global healthcare leader that
helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio
of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare,
with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical
devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000
colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.JOB DESCRIPTION:
Senior Manufacturing SupervisorAbout AbbottAbbott is a global
healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve
people's health. We're always looking towards the future,
anticipating changes in medical science and technology.In Abbott's
Electrophysiology (EP) business, we're advancing the treatment of
heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial
fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on
with their lives.Working at AbbottAt Abbott, you can do work that
matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your
true self and live a full life. You'll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can
grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment
Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program
and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to
getting a bachelor's degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of
countries around the world and named one of the most admired
companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies
to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working
mothers, female executives, and scientists.The OpportunityOur
location in Minnetonka, Minnesota currently has an opportunity for
a Senior Manufacturing Supervisor. In this role you will be
responsible for driving the process of continuous improvement and
lean manufacturing principles. Additionally, you will lead the
shifts' performance with respect to safety, quality, on-time
delivery and cost.What You'll Work On
- Maintain high level of visibility with production staff. Use
hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve production staff
in problem solving.
- Develop a high-performance work team with high levels of worker
morale, satisfaction, and performance.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening,
seeking facts to support decisions, managing one's own reactions,
and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Help production staff succeed through performance management.
Provide coaching and performance communication to support
- Review general status of project build -schedules to identify
and resolve problems.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through
use of standard work and training to those standards, training in
operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
- Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in
accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and
coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S),
and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by
encouraging production staff to challenge existing processes and
implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the
- Support production staff in understanding company policies and
- Maintain time and production records.
- Take notice of process related problems and support production
staff in taking corrective action to improve the overall
performance of the team.
- Communicate with and listen to production staff on a daily
basis regarding work team performance, strategic initiatives,
policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel
regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company
policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- Communicate with and provide necessary support to new product
- Hires and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and
provides ongoing performance feedback.
- Maintains a safe and professional work environment.Required
- Bachelor's degree: BA / BS required with 4 - 6 years
operations/technical/quality experience, or 10 or more years of
directly relevant technical/operations/quality experience
sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge typically associated with
the degree and experience requirement.
- Knowledge of AMM or similar inventory management system. -
- Must have the ability to analyze and problem solve in a timely
manner, handle multiple tasks, work under pressure. -
- Knowledge/ understanding of business metrics.
- Knowledge of the Quality System with understanding of the CAPA
system and interrelated systems. -
- Demonstrated success in error resolution, conflict management
and working in a team environment. -Preferred Qualifications
- Two or more years of supervisory experience in manufacturing or
related field preferred* Participants who complete a short wellness
assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan.
Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.Learn more about
our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to
help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities
with a company that can help you build your future and live your
best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to
employee diversity.Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook
at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
@AbbottGlobal. The salary for this role is between:N/AJOB
States > Minnesota > Minnetonka : 14901 DeVeau
PlaceADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:StandardTRAVEL:NoMEDICAL
SURVEILLANCE:NoSIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for
prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day),
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive
hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods
(more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use
(greater or equal to 50% of the workday)Abbott is an Equal
Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veterans.EEO is the Law link - English:
http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf EEO is
the Law link - Espanol:
Similar Jobs (2) Manufacturing Supervisor locations United States -
Minnesota - Minnetonka time type Full time posted on Posted
Yesterday Manufacturing Supervisor locations United States -
Minnesota - Minnetonka time type Full time posted on Posted 30+
Days Ago About Us Abbott - is about the power of health. For more
than 125 years, - Abbott - has been helping people reach their
potential - because better health allows people and communities to
achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in
more than 160 countries, we create new solutions - across the
spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life.
Whether it's next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices,
science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing
some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in
healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better
health. The people of - Abbott - come to work each day with
relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health
and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to
help manage and treat some of life's greatest health challenges.We
invite you to explore opportunities at - Abbott , to see if your
talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal
opportunity employer, - Abbott - welcomes and encourages diversity
in our workforce.Follow Us:Facebook LinkedIn YouTube Twitter
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Minnetonka , Supervisor Sr., Manufacturing, Other , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...