Project Executive - Construction Management
Company: Roers Companies LLC
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Roers Companies is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to
join our team in Minnetonka, MN as a Project Executive.About Us
Roers Companies is an emerging leader in real estate development
and property management. Headquartered in Minnetonka, Minnesota,
we're on a mission to elevate multifamily housing nationwide by
developing and operating market-rate and affordable housing. Since
our founding in 2012, our team has developed nearly $2 billion in
real estate, representing more than 5,000 homes. The property
management division, previously named Core Living, has ranked among
America's fastest-growing companies on the Inc. 5000 list for the
past three years. Our team thrives on purpose-filled work, an
entrepreneurial spirit, and unlimited growth potential.About
YouYou're passionate about your work and strive to achieve
ambitious goals. You offer an extra hand and aren't afraid to ask
for help when needed. You act with integrity and empathy for the
people around you. You get the big picture while executing the
little details. In other words, you share our corporate values -
passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership
mindset.ResponsibilitiesAs a Project Executive you will lead the
construction management team to ensure the successful delivery of
Roers projects. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Manages Architectural, Structural, and Civil teams for
construction means and methods, specification selection, schedule,
and contract administration.
- Manage all pre-construction activities to include general
contractor selection, value engineering, early release material
procurement, general contractor contract negotiation, special
inspections, and testing procurement, etc.
- Leads assigned construction management team. Provides direction
- Reviews and responds to all RFI's in accordance with Roers
- Reviews project submittals and compares to GMP
- Conduct page turn of all plans and specifications at all stages
- Regularly communicate with all stakeholder's current progress
- Dispute resolution between general contractor, Architect, and
- Tracks new projects and final construction costs on Historical
- Attends all OAC meetings onsite, takes diligent notes, and
ensures partners are held accountable to action items.
- Manages Change Order (CO) log, updates details and adds notes
indicating what each CO consists of (approval, details, denials,
- Visits construction sites weekly/bi-weekly to track
- Attends electrical review meetings and box walk meetings.
- Approves Low Voltage and HVAC installation locations (Cameras,
Controlled Access, Thermostat, etc.)
- Coordinates with Design Project Manager to track FF&E
delivery, progress and communicates date to begin hard hat tours to
- Initiates Energy Design Assistance (EDA) program or similar
energy rebate program for every project.
- Negotiates high speed internet provider on project.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in construction management is preferred
- High school diploma or GED, 10+ years related experience.
- 10+ years of experience working as a Construction Manager.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of direct reports.
- Experience with wood frame, podium, stick build, masonry, and
other various build types.
- A demonstrated understanding of multifamily construction means
- A demonstrated understanding of multifamily costs in a variety
of construction means and methods.
- Experience working in multiple markets consecutively.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, One Note, Outlook,
Power Point, Project, Bluebeam, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with
ProCore is helpful.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with
wide range of people.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your
scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property
- Entrepreneurial ownership mindset -makes smart decisions for
business, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative,
inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity - trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence
and admits mistakes.
- Works as a team player. Operates with the understanding that we
do our best when we work together.
- Passionate about your work and our company goals and
- Strive to achieve ambitious goals - loves to be challenged,
determined to win, works tirelessly to achieve results.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities within
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position,
which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk
property, including up to 6 flights of stairs, to complete physical
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.Benefits &
PerksOur full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free office lunches
- Monthly social outings
- Free stays in our properties' guest suites
- Shorter Friday workdays during summerRoers Companies is focused
on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national
origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden
under federal, provincial, or local law.Candidates will be required
to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle report.In
order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete
a survey at this
Keywords: Roers Companies LLC, Minnetonka , Project Executive - Construction Management, Professions , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!