Company: Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Around the globe, we help cities and industries manage, optimize
and make the most of their resources. We provide an array of
solutions related to water, energy and materials to promote a
cleaner more sustainable world for all of us.
The collective expertise and passion of our people, combined with a
broad portfolio of over 10,000 technologies, makes us uniquely
positioned to deliver solutions that positively impact the
environment. Come be part of something special - start your journey
The Material Handler is responsible for shipping, receiving, and
general material handling using a forklift or crane as required to
meet supplier, manufacturing, or customer requirements in an
accurate and timely manner. This is for the first shift working
6:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
These duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive and will be
supplemented as necessary.
As the Material Handler, you will:
- Pulls material required for production orders, customer sales
orders, and miscellaneous material in an accurate and timely
- Reviews, assigns, and issues production orders in accordance
with customer's needs.
- Receives, counts, identifies lots sizes, and verifies incoming
material from vendors, material from completed shop orders, and
miscellaneous material returned to the stockroom or warehouse and
places all material and supplies received in their appropriate
- Responsible for control and accuracy of material and inventory
records using either manual or computer systems.
- Communicate and coordinate material status information with
Planner for manufacturing and between all manufacturing departments
for customer shipments and production orders.
- Observe all Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) policies
and procedures, including housekeeping practices and participation
in EHS meetings, investigations, and audits.
- Perform tasks in accordance with quality, DOT and hazardous
waste requirements when loading and unloading trucks, understanding
emergency response procedures in the event of a spill.
- Properly package material for shipping based on quantity and
- Performs any additional duties as assigned by Supervisor or
Material Handler Facilitator
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 1 year of material handler and/or warehouse experience
- Trained to operate fork truck in manufacturing area
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience
- Strong communication skills
- Learns, understands, and is able implement all policies,
practices and procedures
- Hoist/Crane experience
- Ability to adapt to production needs and prioritize workload as
- Experience with SAP
- Has computer knowledge and performs basic computer
- Experience in the movement or control of inventory
- Previous experience with wood crate assembly
We offer competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic
environment with challenging projects and training provided to
ensure your success.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better
results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that
champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to
be an equal opportunity workplace!
Keywords: Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions, Minnetonka , Material Handler, Professions , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!