Information Security Sr. Analyst
Company: Securian Financial Group
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Position Summary: The Information Security Consultant for
Securian Financial Service (SFS) is responsible for support of the
SFS Security Operations Center (SOC) as a second point of contact,
support analyst, and cybersecurity incident handler.Supporting the
SFS Cohort in a variety of capacities is critical, including
various types of compliance investigations, report generation,
surveillance, privacy, and anti-money laundering issues, as well as
Financial Professional conduct reviews. This will require knowledge
of corresponding FINRA and SEC regulations, compliance systems,
policies, and processes.The individual in this position will
create, distribute, and report on Phishing campaigns and administer
or develop other cybersecurity and privacy training.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Investigate, analyze, contain, eradicate, report on and
document all aspects of cybersecurity incidents. -
- Triage alerts and notifications to escalate or respond to
- Monitor and resolve security alerts and/or security technology
service disruptions using documented procedures or run-books. Works
with senior associates as needed.
- Interface with other Securian teams or vendors and use
available tools to respond to incidents.
- Support or lead investigations following written
- Conduct or participate in after action reviews of events,
incidents and investigations.
- Create and maintain reports showing incident trends.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory and state requirements to
identify changes in risk.
- Provides information security and information security
technology consultative services for assigned projects related to
the business area and ET initiatives of varying complexity.
- Uses prescribed guidelines or policies in analyzing situations
relative to the SFS Cohort.
- Identifies learning opportunities to strengthen information
security and technical expertise. Qualifications:
- Experience in financial services risk management, and
information security highly preferred.
- Experience in balancing risk with customer experience.
- Ability to work with associates from across the enterprise
(cybersecurity, compliance, fraud investigations, technology, data
and analytics, operations, etc.) to identify requirements and
implement security solutions.
- Excellent analytical, research, problem solving skills,
technical skills, attention to detail and inquisitive mindset to
thoroughly assess and understand emerging and critical risks.
- Expertise in analyzing data to inform decisions.
- Technical background: Networks, networking, Windows Operating
Systems, iOS operating Systems and devices, Wi-Fi, cloud
environments, and VPN.
- Familiarity with security technologies, including security
information and event management (SIEM), endpoint detection
response (EDR) technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical
ability, and the ability to work effectively with both technical
and management associates.
- A strong collaborative, team first mentality.
- A solid understanding of core networking concepts.
- Experience with reporting tools, such as Microsoft Excel or
similar. Preferred Qualifications:
- Financial services / Broker Dealer / Investment Advisory
- Familiarity with compliance mandates, security standards, risk
methodologies and taxonomies specifically NIST CSF, NY-DFS Part
500, NAIC Cybersecurity Model Law.
- Strong Microsoft Excel Experience.**This position will be in a
hybrid working arrangement** Physical job requirements:
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 8
hours per day
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize telephone for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to perform grasping tasks throughout the entire work
day (examples: handwriting, grasping of equipment/machines, paper
manipulation, sorting, folding, handling stacks of paper)---
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. We're committed
to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer
hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our
employees for professional development and growth and a number of
diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the
company. There's a reason our employees have voted us as a best
place to work year after year! In addition:
- - Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for
whatever matters most to you!
- - Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning
- - Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan -
great resources to secure your financial future.
- - Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- - Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision
- - Paid maternity/paternity leaves. Securian Financial Group,
Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion,
national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic
information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in
regard to public assistance, status in a local human rights
commission, or any other status or condition protected by local,
state or federal law. If you are a job seeker with a disability and
require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please
contact us by telephone 651-665-5522 (voice), 711
(telecommunications relay), or by email at
EmployeeRelations@securian.com.To view our privacy statement click
here To view our legal statement click here PandoLogic. Keywords:
Information Security Incident Handler, Location: Minnetonka, MN -
Keywords: Securian Financial Group, Minnetonka , Information Security Sr. Analyst, Professions , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!