Bid Manager in Sales/Delivery for Grid Control Solution (f/m/d)
Company: Siemens Corporation
Posted on: September 23, 2022
The Grid Software unit of Siemens is the one-stop supplier of
sophisticated energy management technology across the entire energy
conversion chain and makes it possible to adapt power grids to
future demands through modernization and capability enhancement.
Our technology simplifies the control of power grids and ensures an
economic, reliable, intelligent, highly available and efficient
Grid Software delivers market solutions that are scalable and
compliant with industry standards for interoperability and
security. We partner with utilities and cities to implement their
future visions. We have major locations in the United States,
Brazil, Vienna, Turkey, India and Germany.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the
future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the
We are seeking a Bid Manager who will be responsible for all
aspects of managing Siemens' responses to complex tenders, RFPs,
unsolicited proposals, and related business development documents.
This role manages the complete process, the collection of data, the
financial estimates to include the LoA process, contract
administration and negotiations, and other business development
activities. This role works in coordination with our worldwide
acting sales team, project managers, and business leads.
Scope of the Position.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for managing
the development and submission of individual proposals for our
business along the process chain from receiving a tender until
handing over the successful negotiated bid to the delivery team.
You are in close cooperation with our local sales and bid teams in
the world and supporting the bid teams in the other major
locations. Secondarily, the successful candidate will be available
to assist in sales activities, such as budgetary offers,
demonstrations or presentations.
Task and responsibility.
* You manage proposals (technically and commercially) in timely and
* You analyze customer needs, evaluate the requirements of a
proposal and develop a delivery plan.
* You will work with partner networks to develop bids as a unified
* You collaborate with sales experts, in-house domain experts,
purchasing and product managers, as well as with external partners
and suppliers to develop the technical solution.
* You create cost & price estimates considering the financial
targets of the business.
* Together with the sales experts, you will be representing Siemens
internationally in the bidding and negotiation phase during
* You communicate with a variety of internal stakeholders to drive
deadlines and deliver on schedule.
* You coordinate the approval process according to the PM@Siemens
* You ensure that the projects are smoothly handed over to the
project execution team.
* You will support the ongoing use and maintenance of our proposal
* Gain a high-level functional understanding of products
Required Skills & Experience.
* You have completed an engineering university degree in a relevant
field (electrical engineering, automation engineering, energy
technology or engineering informatics).
* You have minimum few years working experience, preferably in a
similar role to proposal management, Project Management or as
Technical Project Lead in software solution business.
* You are experienced in communication and are able to work
efficiently in international teams and virtual teams from different
cultures and to guide and motivate other team members.
* You have experience in bid or project management processes,
including the financial aspects.
* You have a gained knowledge of business management, negotiation
techniques, and presentation skills.
* You have experience in project and quality management as well as
in "End to End Requirement Management".
* You are a quick learner and initiative driven.
* You like to take lead and responsibility for your work.
* The desire for occasional business trips as well as a very good
knowledge of German and English complete your profile.
What we offer.
* 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a future global
* Attractive remuneration package
* Development opportunities for both personal and professional
* 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow
time off for yourself and your family
* Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
* Find more benefits here
Individual benefits are adapted to meet local legal regulations,
the requirements of different job profiles, locations, and
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider
applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about
jobs & careers at Siemens.
FAQ - if you need further information on the application
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Keywords: Siemens Corporation, Minnetonka , Bid Manager in Sales/Delivery for Grid Control Solution (f/m/d), Sales , Minnetonka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!